• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Bash not working on spell immune units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
You could remove the spell immunity from the immune unit when they get attacked and then add it back when they finish? You may need a DDS for that I think.

Edit : Ok, I found a way. Here's what you should do :

1 - You need to base the bash ability as a Hero Ability.
2 - Change Stats - Required Level to 2.
3 - Set Stats - Hero Ability = False.
4 - Add this ability to your Tower.
5 - Now set back Stats - Hero Ability = True.
6 - Done.

Last edited:
Level 9
Well, if you are using DDS anyway, you might as well just trigger the whole stun effect. I.e. every time a unit with Bash attacks, run a random number and if it passes, create a dummy unit to cast Storm Bolt with 0 damage on the target.

Also,

6 - Done.

what exactly is this supposed to achieve? This makes the spell not act as a spell?

Well, if you are using DDS anyway, you might as well just trigger the whole stun effect. I.e. every time a unit with Bash attacks, run a random number and if it passes, create a dummy unit to cast Storm Bolt with 0 damage on the target.

Also,

what exactly is this supposed to achieve? This makes the spell not act as a spell?
Marks the spell an 'ultimate', which ignore spell immunity (but damage cannot be dealt from what I can discern for active spells). See Finger of Death (Archimonde) for the idea.

Level 13
6 - Done.

why is #2 needed whats required lvl 2 do for it to work? did you test it not doing that and it didnt work the same?

Also some more info:
The thing is this Bash is passive its not really a "magic spell" if i put this Bash unit ability on a melee unit it will work no problem, it will bash units regardless if they are immune to magic or not. But when i put it on a ranged tower it no longer works like this, then it only bashes when the unit isnt spell immune. Makes no sense, why just because its ranged does it not affect magic immune avatar etc?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The thing is this Bash is passive its not really a "magic spell" if i put this Bash unit ability on a melee unit it will work no problem, it will bash units regardless if they are immune to magic or not. But when i put it on a ranged tower it no longer works like this, then it only bashes when the unit isnt spell immune. Makes no sense, why just because its ranged does it not affect magic immune avatar etc?
Might have to do with the attack mechanics. For example test out a melee tower, or a tower without a projectile (instant hit like rifleman).

Level 28
why is #2 needed whats required lvl 2 do for it to work? did you test it not doing that and it didnt work the same?

Also some more info:
Yep, I did test it and it works like a charm. I've attached a test map below. The reason why I set Required Level 2 is make the spell an ultimate.

Attachments

• TestMap.w3x
    16.4 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.