1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Vote for the best entries in the 13th Music Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Barrett 50 Cal

Submitted by robot-dude
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The most devastating weapon of the sniper class. It fires 50. caliber bullets that can rip a person apart. It fires semi-automatic which beats out its bolt-action counterparts

[​IMG]

If you wish to download a High Detailed Version Click here (High Detail Texture) > Click Here For 51.9kb File

Edit 2 - I've decreased File size from 51.9kb to 28.4kb To make Low Res (Texture) but at the same time High Detail model (Because of polys)
Contents

Barrett 50 Cal (Model)

Reviews
12:56, 7th Apr 2009 Pyritie: Could be useful.
  1. 12:56, 7th Apr 2009
    Pyritie: Could be useful.

2. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    the body sort of looks like a SAW machine gun, might wanna add a scope. also, you're not gonna see that urban camo ingame unless you zoom right up to it.

3. robot-dude

robot-dude

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh wells, and every time i add a scope it goes up to 1000polys. Thats the issue i make the scope too detailed haha. So i'm going to have to make a boxy one.

4. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    theres also like atleast 2 other sniper rifles in the hive, that are like 10kb a piece.

5. robot-dude

robot-dude

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mines (Small) High Detailed.

If i had my way i would of made it truly high detail and it would of been 1.5k polys

Mines 51.9kb

For The following

- Custom Texture (Compressed at 85%) If i made it 50% it would be probably (20 - 30kb)
    Or If i decreased the size of the bmp from 256² to 128². Then Comperss at 50% the .blp will be 9.41kb Which would then make the hole size of it together 28.4kb.
    - The Model is 668polys which increases the size of the mdx to 18.9kb. If i made the hole model boxy it would probably be around 8 - 15kb

6. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    why have 20-30kb of a grey texture that you could probably easily find in the mpq? you wont be able to see the camo ingame, and the sniper rifle doesnt even have a scope. no one's gonna notice tiny details on a weapon ingame. infact, most people prefer large weapons with simple details on them, much like konstrukt's attachments.

7. robot-dude

robot-dude

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm one of those people who prefer to have something alot more closer to the exact Weapon then something that looks like a cardboard cut out.

8. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I'm definately making an icon for this one.

9. OnkelManfred

OnkelManfred

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is fuckin great dude! 5/5

10. Fire and Ice

Fire and Ice

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have to agree. Maybe it just happens that some of us are a stickler for details (like myself). Also, the Barrett is NOT the most devastating sniper weapon, it is just that few other rifles match its capability in its role as a lightweight anti-material rifle. And .50 BMG is not the biggest round i have seen in a gun meant for humans.

Other than that, the model serves its purpose, but what happens when the unit carrying the model attacks? Does he just hold the rifle and stand there like an idiot playing a melee attack animation waving a f***ing large rifle stuck to his arm? I feel that models made to depict any firearms will need a unit with the specific attack and spell anims otherwise it will look utterly stupid if he stands there waving the gun about. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Oh, and you can forget about the camo. It'll be a lot smarter to color the whole gun dark gray or black coz no one will be insane enough to zoom in just to admire the rifle in the middle of fighting. Good model by the way ^.^

11. Thorneon

Thorneon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ha ha zombie
    it looks good except id (skinning) get rid of the camo and make the clip a solid color

12. Velmarshal

Velmarshal

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see CoD4 all over this.
    +rep

13. sgtnoobkilla

sgtnoobkilla

Resources:
    Resources:
    awesome stuff but as everyone else mentioned get rid of the camo + add a scope

would it be possible to add a simple bipod as well?? ^^ cause it would match superbly with talon's konstrukt marines

14. robot-dude

robot-dude

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If i add a scope the poly size of the model will be placed up to 740 at the least.

15. sgtnoobkilla

sgtnoobkilla

Resources:
    Resources:
    im aware of that...just add on a SIMPLE cylinder-shape scope. theres no need to add reflex sights or anything; like ghost said no ones gonna zoom in to look @ the details...

16. robot-dude

robot-dude

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:

I'll get re-working on the model, and maybe change it to an ingame texture, and also add the scope.

I'm thinking about redoing the Cylinders i used on the Barret 50 Cal.

By hopefully changing the poly count at the moment from 668 > 414.
    Then Increase it by 50 (At the most for scope) so end result hopefully will be

So Improvements/Changes for Next Version

> Re-Texture
    > Re-Modeled
    > Scope Being Attached
    > Poly Reducing

17. Remend

Remend

Resources:
    Resources:
    A nice one 5/5.

18. aaron

aaron

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i love this. too bad the detail make it go up alot lol nj.

19. RiotGuard

RiotGuard

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's sexy.