• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Barren Capture

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
An update!

---

Another semi-minigame. However, this one has a goal! You begin with a Headquarters where you train a couple troops. These troops "storm" neutral Building Sites, making them yours. Upgrade the Building Sites into various structures to aid you in destroying you enemy!

Credits to my friends in real life and matyko for testing and giving me suggestions.

And yes, I know that the file name and map name are different; I came up with the title after I named the file and never changed it...

Map is unprotected, but I highly doubt anyone would want to steal it...

---

Updates in v1.1:
Minor terrain tweaks.
Minor trigger tweaks.
Added Militia and Spearman units.
Added Shipyard neutral unit with Transport, Oil Tanker, Frigate, and Battleship naval units.
Added oil system.

---

To do:
Fix the mass-resurrection imbalance.
Gunman upgraded forms.
Finish AI.

Keywords:
Desert, Barrens, Control, Capture, Army, Armies, Religion, Building, Meh, Minigame, Mini-game, Mini Game
Contents

Barren Capture (Map)

Reviews
21:41, 7th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: Seriously if you want this to get approved you need to improve it: - Much better terrain - I couldn't train zealots and monks - Make it more fun (Add heroes etc.) - It's basically quite boring...

M

21:41, 7th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Seriously if you want this to get approved you need to improve it:

- Much better terrain
- I couldn't train zealots and monks
- Make it more fun (Add heroes etc.)
- It's basically quite boring

Anyhow with some potential, yet still about 2/10, Rejected.

Level 30
I'm not sure I've played anything thats remotely similar to this map, but I reckon it has the potential to become quite popular with some work :) In fact, I quite like it ^^

Only thing I can point out is that some of the upgraded units have a mass resurection ability. If you mass these certain units, you pretty much have an invinsible army ;)

Other than that, nice work :)

Level 9
lets try this out my review will come when im done:/
hmm lets say this:
i think it is a good map if you play it with real players but if play it with the computer it doesnt do anything so thats why you need to make AI(yes i can see it is on your to do thing) anyway im gonna rate 3/5
4/5 original
2/5 terrain
4/5 gameplay
then some minor stuff this is just the head things

Last edited: