• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Western Barrens

Western Barrens

full

Map Description:
It is literally barren wasteland, but not an empty land. Move across the highland faster than your enemy, or protect your goldmine.

For: 1v1 only

Objects:
  • 4 Goldmines with 18k for each base, 15k for expansions.
  • 2 Fountains of mana
  • 1 Tavern
  • 2 Mercenary camps (barrens)
  • 2 Goblin merchants
Creeps:
  • 10 Green creep camps
  • 10 Orange creep camps
  • 2 Red creep camps

Things to know:
  • The number of trees in the base is not fluent, so players must get expansion unless they want to end game quickly.
  • Some creeps on the middle highland drop healing runes.
  • Each bronze drake above the fountains of mana drops the book of experience.

Please enjoy.
Contents

Western Barrens (Map)

Level 2
Just played it against an AI. I enjoyed it, and it seemed balanced enough. The AI didn't seem to creep all that well though, especially the orange lizard-packs in the center has a very narrow space leading to them, so units very often get cluttered trying to walk through. Perhaps creating a bit more space there would be beneficial. Otherwise pretty good :)

Level 3
Just played it against an AI. I enjoyed it, and it seemed balanced enough. The AI didn't seem to creep all that well though, especially the orange lizard-packs in the center has a very narrow space leading to them, so units very often get cluttered trying to walk through. Perhaps creating a bit more space there would be beneficial. Otherwise pretty good :)
Thanks for playing!! And actually, for the lizards it was my intention. They have long range and splash damage so getting them out of their lair would be another good choice :)