• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Barbarian Uprising 1.0 Beta

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Barbarian Uprising 1.0 Beta (Map)

Level 1
Pretty well done, I rather like the contrast of the weather between the lanes, the teleport system is sharp, and you've got some nice scenery overall. I also like a lot of the ambience you put in.

A couple thoughts:
-Some of your items are missing the colored classification notation, you might want to re-check them all for good measure.
-In Game Constants, I highly recommend you disable share Experience. Currently as it is, the AI creeps fighting can level a hero up insanely fast without them having to do -anything- I let my hero sit while I browsed things available for purchase and was level 7 without ever having entered battle.

Other then those two things for the moment, it's a very nice start, and I wish you the best of luck :)

Level 4
Awesome! Would play on battlenet but only got DSL...but will play on LAN. 5/5

2 Suggestions
-Shield items? You could even put in attachments that put a shield on the heroes
-Give some cool names to heroes...don't know if any are historical except Julius...maybe put in some like Justinian the Great or some famous Roman Generals etc

Level 4
u have a non fatal error in there, usually those are caused by improper use of user defined variables (ex. calling something on a variable not defined)

Also, I don't get how the item combine thing works, should explain that better...still love the map!

Level 12
A problem I see is that you never mention everything including how to make the items. Then, there's the idea of boring creep respawn. Try a little harder on the RPG elements.

Level 3
Ah, have you bothered looking in the quest menu, it explains alot of the basics, including item recipes, although i am going to make an easier way to view recipes with ver 2.0 beta, and what is wrong with the creep respawn?