• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Barbarian Hordes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This map was the first i made, i have used a great deal of time on it(as can be seen by the versions). I hope that this version is balanced.

The map is basicly an AoS, with 4 heroes on each side and there is 2 bases. There are 14 different heroes to select from and you can take random selection if you cant decide.

The problem is i cant host maps myself, so far i have sended it by msn and icq to people on battle.net. I found this iste some days ago and wanted to share the map.

Please try it, and if you do please give me feedback on it.

Christers

EDIT: Updated map to v1.81
EDIT2: Updated map to v1.85
EDIT3: Updated to v1.88

Attachments

• Barbarian Hordes v1.88.w3x
    392.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Level 7
It may be played in single player to, if you pick easy it works best like that. Which of the heroes did you play?

And i am working on v1.81 now, adding a kills leaderboard, fixing one of the barbarian bug(demon giant i think it is), perhaps adding another hero or two(got a few ideas, Goblin Inventor and Demon Prince).

What i need for the map is some balance suggestions, i think i should make the barbarians have slightly more hp, and perhaps more armour. And adding upgrades for units to green.

And do anyone know how i can make an AI which only casts spells but dont trie to move the units at all?

Christers

Level 7
I have updated the map, the changes are:

-Added Demon Prince hero.
-Added Kills Leaderboard.
-Fixed mayor Demon Giant(level 5) bug where it cant attack.
-Decreased gold the barbarian heroes get each time a unit owned by green dies.
-Took away that barbarian heroes gain gold each time a hero dies(apart from themselfs).
-Fixed some spelling mistakes.

Christers

Last edited:
Level 7
Updated the map again, changes are:

-Added Random Selection
-Removed some of the heroes
-Completely changed consept to an AoS
-Changed the units to Normal, Veteran Elite but all are humans and look the same
-Nerfed most of the items
-Changed most of the abilitues, either nerfed or made slightly better
-Other Balance changes

The modified map is in first post.

Christers

Status
Not open for further replies.