• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] back attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Is it possible to have units un-able to auto acquire units that are behind it? along with removing the sight range behind the unit so the fog of war completely covers the back half of th sight radius?

Level 6
pretty sure this would involve creating a new auto-attack system from scratch, and it would take some tricky angles. I'll wait to see if anyone has a better idea.

Level 11
In theory: by removing a units actual vision and by placing a dummy unit which is forced to be 500 range away from the unit the way the unit is facing, and having the dummy unit be responsible for the vision, this could work.

I think if I were to fiddle with it I could *probably* get it to work leaklessly in GUI. Unfortunitly my WE completely and totally does not function. (look at sig.)

I tried to make a picture to illustrate my idea. Unfortunitly I suck at drawing (on comp. and IRL)

Attachments

• UnitVision.JPG
    UnitVision.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 125
Level 6
That would create a very awkward range of vision. It would basically be a circle in front of the unit.

Level 11
True, but maybe not as bad as you think. If you want you could project two other units not quite as far as the first dummy unit each +/- 30 degrees (of the angle the main unit is facing) and give them a lesser vision amount. This would create a triangle in front of the unit of vision. That actually sounds like a really cool idea for a murder map kind of thing. Or an FPS

Level 11
If two units are sharing vision and they were standing opposite of eachother. (And they both used this infront vision system) they would be able to see all directions, yes.

Level 6
wait that means that we have to check every units location and move the 3 dummy units every sec atless, wont that create major lag?

Level 11
Take a look at this. Just run it. move the spaceship around. The three green orb-like things are each a unit.

Note: This map was before I understood jass. The trigger leaks, but I'm pretty sure it is as leak-proofed up as is possible from GUI.

Second Note: This is one of my concept maps that sprouted from a good idea that never really went anywhere.

Third Note: The trigger is located under the category 'Sticky'

Heres the trigger for quick-reference.
  • Super Ultimate Calcualtions
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Pointloc[0] = (Position of SpaceShip1)
      • Set Pointloc[1] = (Pointloc[0] offset by 200.00 towards (50.00 + (Facing of SpaceShip1)) degrees)
      • Set Pointloc[2] = (Pointloc[0] offset by 200.00 towards (-50.00 + (Facing of SpaceShip1)) degrees)
      • Set Pointloc[3] = (Pointloc[0] offset by -3.00 towards (50.00 + (Facing of SpaceShip1)) degrees)
      • Unit - Move Stuff123[1] instantly to Pointloc[1]
      • Unit - Move Stuff123[2] instantly to Pointloc[2]
      • Unit - Move Stuff123[3] instantly to Pointloc[3]
      • Point - Remove Pointloc[0]
      • Point - Remove Pointloc[1]
      • Point - Remove Pointloc[2]
      • Point - Remove Pointloc[3]

Attachments

• Sprawling Losses.w3x
    90.3 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.