• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Award Lumber on Hero Kill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have been trying to make a simple trigger which awards lumber to a player when he/she kills an enemy hero.
I barely know where to start with this trigger. I get as far as (below) but I'm sure that I'm already doing something wrong...
  • Events
    • Unit - No unit Dies
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Player - Add 1 to (Picked player) Current lumber

Level 3
  • Untitled Trigger 006
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • ((Dying unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Player - Add 1 to (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current lumber
You started of good :) You just forgot to add the conditions

Well enjoy, tested it on a map and it works, killing an enemy hero = +1 lumber normal unit awards nothing :)

Level 22
  • Untitled Trigger 006
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • ((Dying unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Player - Add 1 to (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current lumber
You started of good :) You just forgot to add the conditions

Well enjoy, tested it on a map and it works, killing an enemy hero = +1 lumber normal unit awards nothing :)

you dont really need to set the conditions to dying unit, thought triggering respond faster :)

well I knew that but I didnt want to if he isnt supposed to kill his own hero? lols XD

Level 3
you dont really need to set the conditions to dying unit, thought triggering respond faster :)

well I knew that but I didnt want to if he isnt supposed to kill his own hero? lols XD

You started off good wasn't meant for you but for FireSpore, he said he didn't know where to start but he did make a good start ;)

Yeah yours works perfectly ofcourse but he would also get lumber if he kills an allied hero :p.

Anyway mine is better if your making players allied, if not then baassee's trigger is the prefered one :p

Level 3
This trigger is way easier as it's less work because else you have to go over every hero in object editor.

So sorry but this trigger is way easier and faster + it's fail safe

Status
Not open for further replies.