• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Automatic leveling and Dependent abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am creating a map with a hero that can only cast abilities while this other ability is active. I am not sure how to do this.

Also, I want the "activator" ability to get better as the hero levels, but the way that I did not work very well. I just made a trigger that learned the next level of the ability when the hero gains an ability, then gives hero another skill point. But, I do not want the given skill point to be used on another level of the "activator."

Attachments

• Wheel ofTime Test.w3x
    1 MB · Views: 35

Orc

Orc

Level 4
I'll help you, but I need two things clarified:

1. You want it so the hero can only cast spell X while his "activator" ability is on?

2. The "activator" ability will level up to do what exactly? Last for a longer time?

Level 1
Yes, clarification

1. You want it so the hero can only cast spell X while his "activator" ability is on?

2. The "activator" ability will level up to do what exactly? Last for a longer time?

1. Yes, that is correct

2. The activator ability drains mana as long as it is active, and the higher levels drain mana slower. 1- 5 per second, 2- 4.5ps, 3- 4ps ... 10-.5ps

is that enough info?

Thanks btw

Level 1
I figured part out

Alright, I figured out the actual activation part of it. The activator gives the caster a buff, so I had the trigger test for the specific buff before allowing the secondary spell to continue. The mana is not even lost!

I still do not know how to get the activator to increase in level like that though

Status
Not open for further replies.