• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Autocast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi there,

I gave a random unit the ablity to use blink (not the Stalker version, but from the hybridC).. I want to make it autocasting when enemies are near, no mather the situation. I just changed the flags to autocast, added a validator for area search. It works, but not totally how I want it.

It only works when the unit is idle or when the unit has a targeting point. When I click on attack unit. It just walks to the unit, since its a melee unit, (without using the blink) and attack it. Ater that unit has been killed, it starting to autocast to other units. This is not how I want it.

For example how the charge works for the zealots. They are autocasting it while moving, even when u click 'attack unit'.

What did I miss here? I checked out the transient boxes, but they are buggy as hell. Are there eazy solutions to obtain this?

Kind Regards :)

Level 4
you could add a buff that periodically issues to blink if a enemie is close

Aah, the same how 'Charge' works.. I could probely duplicate that from charge and put it on blink. Or u recommand making an new one?

Level 4
charge works that way? i thought charge "modifies" attack with a special ability made for that.
yes just create a new buff (btw are there many of those units on the map?)

No, my bad.. I assumed that charge worked that way. But I see I'm incorrect. No not many directly. People can build the units, so in crazy situations multiple player could build those units, and you might get alot of them. Why?:eek:

Are there any other buffs which are simular to what I try to make? So I can peek how it a lil bit look likes.. Or if you could guide me through this one.. Never worked with buffs yet, kinda difficult to understand its mechanism..

Last edited:
Level 4
Never mind.. I added a damage response behaviour to the unit.. It will suit the unit more than just an autocast..

Treath can be closed. Thanks for the help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.