• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Autocast Arrows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
If I understand what you mean, you'r using the Unit - Begins the Effect of an Ability event and it's only proccing when you actually use searing arrows and not just when it procs on auto-cast?

I've never actually tried this before myself, but I've seen people ask this question before.

You have to detect when a player turns the autocast on and then add that unit to a unit-group and then remove it from the unit-group when the player turns auto-cast off. This link may help you:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/autocast-82760/

Level 16
nope,

i want to make something like silencer's glaive. (Dota) (Dont worry, its completely diffrent, its just an example.)

but it only happens when i target it to the unit, when i attack normally, the trigger doesnt fire even if the autocast is on.

adding them to unit group is a big load of work,

anyways, i seen a tutorial some time ago, but its now gone from hive, (Without using unit groups or adding anything to group).

Level 16
Thx! +REP

0----0
Anyways, can it be done without Damage detection system?..

i thought i seen one somewhere...using order or something.

anyways, it doesnt work, because my hero is melee, so no buff is attached to the unit it damages...

i need another way! D:

Last edited:
Level 5
This would only work with Hero's that never change Cool-down for their attacks.

Make a dummy spell from Bloodlust with a Cooldown = Attack-speed of using unit and whatever manacost. Give your unit the spell.

Now, A trigger.

• Events-
  • (A unit begins the effect of a spell)
  • Conditions -
  • Spell being casted = (bloodlust dummy spell)
  • Actions-
  • Set (dummyspell_level) = Level of casted spell
  • Add the event - unit is attacked to bloodlustdummy damage
  • Events-
  • Conditions-
  • Actions-
  • Unit - set life of attacked unit = (current life of attacked unit) - (dummyspell_level x 50)
  • Trigger - Turn off (This Trigger)
Hope I helped, though probably not.

Level 7
but not with melee units..as melee dont give any buff when they use autocast abilities.

i guess i would just make him a 100 ranged hero.

just like sand king lol, (incinerate only works on ranged.)

lol? What are u talking about? Sand Kings attacks cleave when wielding Battle Fury thus hes melee. Are u using orbs that actually apply buffs? Searing arrows dont apply a buff but if u used frost arrows it would probably work.

Level 7
poison arrow i use, it applies buff.

well, lol, before, at version 6.4x / 5.xx cant remember., sand king is ranged, with a 100 Range.

How could u possibly know if he is ranged? Anyway i have an idea of how to create the spell u need.

Since searing arrows and stuff are buggy with melee champions and are also orbs u can try using a spell like Defend or Immolation. When u turn it on ur hero's attack would have the effect u want them to have.

Btw do u use GUI or vJass?

Level 9
You couldn't use:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to YOURHERO
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff SPELLBUFF) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • YOUR ACTIONS HERE
        • Else - Actions
This is rudimentry, as the trigger will fire before the damage is dealt, but won't fire the "then" abilities until the second hit more likely (as the unit will have that specific buff from your ability)

Level 33
You couldn't use:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to YOURHERO
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff SPELLBUFF) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • YOUR ACTIONS HERE
        • Else - Actions
This is rudimentry, as the trigger will fire before the damage is dealt, but won't fire the "then" abilities until the second hit more likely (as the unit will have that specific buff from your ability)

Your trigger can be replaced by this:
  • Starts
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • *Your conditions*
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Effect <gen> the event (Unit - (Attacked unit) Takes damage)
  • Effect
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • *Do your thing*
It doesn't use Buff to check

Level 9
But of course, I was thinking of doing it the way he wanted though, when he turns on auto arrows, without using damage detection/unit groups. I really dunno how to check if the arrows are turned on otherwise. :p

Level 16
How could u possibly know if he is ranged? Anyway i have an idea of how to create the spell u need.

Since searing arrows and stuff are buggy with melee champions and are also orbs u can try using a spell like Defend or Immolation. When u turn it on ur hero's attack would have the effect u want them to have.

Btw do u use GUI or vJass?

nah, just move your mouse to the damage type icon, you will see Range : 130, instead of Range : Melee

well, anyways, i changed my trigger instead, and its working, thx anyways.

since it is impossible right now with melee,

i remake the skill into something completely diffrent, thx 4 all ur helps.

Last edited:
Level 7
nah, just move your mouse to the damage type icon, you will see Range : 100, instead of Range : Melee

well, anyways, i changed my trigger instead, and its working, thx anyways.

since it is impossible right now with melee,

i remake the skill into something completely diffrent, thx 4 all ur helps.

Man dont choose the easy way...

Level 16
well, not like your helps is all in vain,

i put the ability into another ranged hero, and its great xP,

i like it better for the other, instead of the hero i am making, it fits its gameplay needs better (as i noticed, its very hard for melee to go very near to a ranged hero to cast the attacks (autocast spell that we are making), more like suicide.) and cant be used for harass or other things, well, thx a bunch! xP

i will not take any easy ways anymore to complete my map, this is a project i long want to complete, and play with my friends.

imagining myself playing my map with my friends gave me a lot of motivation and thrills, well, i am still improving my trigger skills, if someone wanted to help more in some bug catching and trigger checking (for mistakes) (and leak?) (or improvement that i can make), for my spells, please do contact me :p

thx 4 da helps

Status
Not open for further replies.