• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AutoCast Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I really need help.I've been trying to make the following abilities autocast, but I can't figure out how...

-Thunder Clap
-Chain Lightning
-Entangling Roots
-Fan Of Knives
-Shadow Strike
-Breath Of Fire
-Impale
-Fire Bolt
-Forked Lightning

If you know how to make an of these abilities autocast, please tell me.All help is appreciated because I'M GOING OUT OF MY MIND!!!:razz:

Level 9
You need to use triggers. You create a "dummy" ability that has autocast, such as Inner Fire or Bloodlust, set all the stats to 0, and have a trigger detect when it is casted. You then use the trigger to run any actions of the ability you wish to make autocast. The best way to do this is have a dummy unit with no model file or shadow that has a Thunderclap ability, create 1, add a generic 2 second timer, and order the unit to cast the ability. Thus, whenver your unit casts the ability, the trigger will run.

Level 11
Technically that may not work.
Think about thunderclap, in your method when an ally stepped close enough, the main unit would cast thunderclap. Thats a waste.
My best suggestion is to make a trigger that periodically checks every unit you want to autocast a particular ability, check if the unit has favorable conditions to cast the ability, then cast the ability. Favorable conditions being: (for thunderclap) 5+ enemy units in range, (for chainlightning) also 5+ units in range (for entangling roots) at least one nonmechanical unit in range etc.

Level 9
Technically that may not work.
Think about thunderclap, in your method when an ally stepped close enough, the main unit would cast thunderclap. Thats a waste.
My best suggestion is to make a trigger that periodically checks every unit you want to autocast a particular ability, check if the unit has favorable conditions to cast the ability, then cast the ability. Favorable conditions being: (for thunderclap) 5+ enemy units in range, (for chainlightning) also 5+ units in range (for entangling roots) at least one nonmechanical unit in range etc.

Right, but you can use Bloodlust, or that Faerie Dragon one, which would check if you're either attacking or close by.

Level 19
Way 1- Trigger detect-cast sounds not cool because there is no way to turn off them then

Way 2- Ability Casting Detect like iron said
Slow - Curse - Fiery Fire for enemy targetings
Frenzy - Phase Shift for instants (this may be a little bad because unit will cast the ability whenever it attacks(frenzy)-attacked(fiery fire) :/)
Bloodlust - Inner fire for friendlies

Way 3-(Not suggested; Leaks, Hard and requires lots of work) Use booleans with arrays for every unit. So whenever unit gets a order the boolean of ability will be enabled for unit and Another detect-cast trigger casts a spell with dummy unit if boolean array for that unit is true

Status
Not open for further replies.