1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

AutoCast Abilities

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by deatheater111, Nov 5, 2007.

1. deatheater111

deatheater111

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really need help.I've been trying to make the following abilities autocast, but I can't figure out how...

-Thunder Clap
    -Chain Lightning
    -Entangling Roots
    -Fan Of Knives
    -Shadow Strike
    -Breath Of Fire
    -Impale
    -Fire Bolt
    -Forked Lightning

If you know how to make an of these abilities autocast, please tell me.All help is appreciated because I'M GOING OUT OF MY MIND!!!:razz:

2. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You need to use triggers. You create a "dummy" ability that has autocast, such as Inner Fire or Bloodlust, set all the stats to 0, and have a trigger detect when it is casted. You then use the trigger to run any actions of the ability you wish to make autocast. The best way to do this is have a dummy unit with no model file or shadow that has a Thunderclap ability, create 1, add a generic 2 second timer, and order the unit to cast the ability. Thus, whenver your unit casts the ability, the trigger will run.

3. wd40bomber7

wd40bomber7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Technically that may not work.
    Think about thunderclap, in your method when an ally stepped close enough, the main unit would cast thunderclap. Thats a waste.
    My best suggestion is to make a trigger that periodically checks every unit you want to autocast a particular ability, check if the unit has favorable conditions to cast the ability, then cast the ability. Favorable conditions being: (for thunderclap) 5+ enemy units in range, (for chainlightning) also 5+ units in range (for entangling roots) at least one nonmechanical unit in range etc.

4. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Right, but you can use Bloodlust, or that Faerie Dragon one, which would check if you're either attacking or close by.

5. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    you can also just check if the unit close is an enemy.. or make the target enemy.

6. Need_O2

Need_O2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Way 1- Trigger detect-cast sounds not cool because there is no way to turn off them then

Way 2- Ability Casting Detect like iron said
    Slow - Curse - Fiery Fire for enemy targetings
    Frenzy - Phase Shift for instants (this may be a little bad because unit will cast the ability whenever it attacks(frenzy)-attacked(fiery fire) :/)
    Bloodlust - Inner fire for friendlies

Way 3-(Not suggested; Leaks, Hard and requires lots of work) Use booleans with arrays for every unit. So whenever unit gets a order the boolean of ability will be enabled for unit and Another detect-cast trigger casts a spell with dummy unit if boolean array for that unit is true

7. deatheater111

deatheater111

Resources:
    Resources:
    Target Ablitities

Okay, I've got the Thunder Clap down, but what about targeted abilities such as Chain Lightning and Entangling roots?

8. Parrothead

Parrothead

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources: