• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Auto-cast spells need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need help with a spell.

i want it so it acts like a gun. Like if i have a auto cast spell names Sniper, then My attack kinda changes. Like more range, dmg, but slower, also want something like Fully Auto, Gernager, SMG, stuff like that. Useing Auto-Casting

Or, can I do that with an Iteam? If im holding my item, it changes my attack.

THanks, hope someone can help! :D

Level 3
Yah, I was thinking that, but if i have units that lv up, wont it be hard, with all the spells and stuff?

I think i got a solution, still working on it. :wink:

Is there a trigger that changes the unit but still keeps the spells and abilitys?

Level 22
Elthanor said:
Yah, I was thinking that, but if i have units that lv up, wont it be hard, with all the spells and stuff?

I think i got a solution, still working on it. :wink:

Is there a trigger that changes the unit but still keeps the spells and abilitys?

Thats easy, u just use integer variables for the lvl and skill lvls.

Elthanor said:
sfrry for double post, i was wondering is there a way to have it so if a unit enters it

enters IT? what it? :p

Level 3
oops, srry about that. Here is what i ment to write :p

" i was wondering is there a way to have it so if a unit enters a REGION, its range does up, and being able to see farther, but when it leaves the region, its back to defult? "

Yah, that is what i ment.

I saw a trigger that you can set the acquisition range, is there a way to set it for depending on what lv skil you have? Like if i have a skill for a hero called "Increase Range" then everytime he increase the lv, his rannge goes up, how would i do that?

Thanks

Level 9
As for the attack system, i'd recommend a trigger like this:

If a unit aquires an item (assuming only one item can be held at a time)

Conditions: none

Actions:
If item type of (item picked up) equal to (smg)

Then turn off (all gun abilities) for owner of triggering unit
turn on ability smg

Okay, i know, this has nothing to do with editor code, but it's the basic way the trigger can be set up (the way i use it in my map).
Basically, you make an ability for each attack type, give the unit itself no attack. Then if it aquires an item, enable the ability corresponding with the item, and disable any others. Make all abilites autocast (can use dummy casters for that, triggered) and you're done.

Replacing units often results in a lot of lag, i wouldn't recommend that.

Status
Not open for further replies.