• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey i was wondering if there i any way to be able to set a heroes attack cooldown (one set in the object editor) to .25 while ingame, like by triggers. I tried setting it to 5 seconds in the editor then make attack speed gained per agi 0.01 then set his agi to 475 but it didnt work.... any suggestions?

Level 10
A tome that permenently gives you a percent of your attack speed o_O how would i do that lol

Level 9
Ya the tome wouldnt work unless you trigger adding the gloves of haste ability. (which might work)
I suggest creating a different unit and replaceing your hero.
Thats alot less complicated than adjusting agility or adding abilities.

Level 10
Please elaborate mechanical man, i think i might have an idea what you mean.

Level 10
Alright its working but, howcome when my hero has 0.01 attack cooldown (and cooldown of frost arrows is 3 seconds) it does cold arrows ever 0.01 seconds (bypassing the cooldown)....does cold arrows not go by its cooldown?

Level 4
Kixer! Remember threads where we talk about remove attack ability?? Remove the attack ability and replace it with "dummy attack" that has many level and cooldown, each he gain ability or gain item (or level up?) the skill also leveled up and will cause reduced cooldown

Level 10
Removing the attack ability would not work, the ability cold arrows ONLY works if your hero attacks, you cant even click and target with it for it to work it has to be autocasted and your hero has to attack. Back to sqaure 1 :(

Level 4
Not removing your damage, remove your attack command... Then you make an ability with 5 seconds cooldown that named attack with same description with war3 has

Level 10
Without my attack command my hero will not be able to attack, dummy ability doesnt count as attack. If i had the dummy ability and a trigger event [Hero] - attacks unit, it would never trigger because he cant 'attack'.

Level 10
<== Cou,.dnt come up with my own jass script if my life depended on it, though i am extremly good with GUI.

Level 18
Alright its working but, howcome when my hero has 0.01 attack cooldown (and cooldown of frost arrows is 3 seconds) it does cold arrows ever 0.01 seconds (bypassing the cooldown)....does cold arrows not go by its cooldown?

I beleive when 'arrow' abilities are autocast they ignore cooldowns, but not if you activate the spell and select a target manually, correct me if I'm wrong.

-*meow*

Status
Not open for further replies.