• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Attack range changing while picking up an item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I have problem making so when a hero picks up an item ( a bow), then I want hes attack range to increase. How to do this?? I have searched the forum for an answer but I have not found one that makes it clearer to me. So if someone can be kind enough to explain or post a link where there are a tutorial or a very detailed answer. Hope someone knowes the answer.:grin:

Level 9
Go to Object Editor
Then Abilities
Open Special --> Items
Find Trueshot Aura (Item)
Delete the Target model
Do something with the data, then go to Items, find your item, and add the ability for it
(If data is 35%, range will be 35% etc.)

Level 2
Go to Object Editor
Then Abilities
Open Special --> Items
Find Trueshot Aura (Item)
Delete the Target model
Do something with the data, then go to Items, find your item, and add the ability for it
(If data is 35%, range will be 35% etc.)

Have you tried this yourself?? cause I can't get it working, when I increase the data thing the attack increase in game not the range.

Level 8
Threads like these have been brought up numerous times, and I think the only way to change the range of someone is to trigger an upgrade, so that you get, for example, an upgrade that gives 150 range when you acquire the item and gives -150 range when you lose the item. It's kind of complicated though.

Level 6
Set the attack range on the unit to the max range you want to use in game.
Then change the combat acquisition range to the range you want them to actually use.

Level 2
Set the attack range on the unit to the max range you want to use in game.
Then change the combat acquisition range to the range you want them to actually use.

Have you tried this and it worked for you?? cause I can't get it working, and I have red on another thread that increasing acquisition range will not increase attack range if you change it in game, am I right??:bored:

Status
Not open for further replies.