• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack Animation Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi.
I'm wondering if there's any way to change a unit's attack animation speed instead of letting the game do it by itself. Basically, any possible way to take it out of the engine's hands, I'd be interested in.

What I mean by this is; you can change a unit's attack time, effectively making it attack faster or slower. However, this will not change the animation speed. The game takes care of that by itself, but only if you add/subtract bonus attack speed (hover over the attack card, speed either turns green or red). If you do this directly, by hand, through triggers (when it doesn't turn either red nor green), the animation will stay at its base speed, no matter how slow or fast the unit attacks.

To weed out some of the obvious ideas, these don't achieve anything:
  • Setting a unit's time scale doesn't do anything to its attack animation. (Also doesn't do anything to its walking/running animation if anyone is wondering.)
  • Changing backswing/damage points doesn't make the animation any faster.
To counter the "Why would you want to do this?" question; I can avoid doing it, but it would be very beneficial if I could do it for a system.

Level 16
you can change a unit's attack time
what happens if attack point is 2 seconds and attack CD is 1 second? (or whole animation anyway is more than attack CD)

Setting a unit's time scale doesn't do anything to its attack animation. (Also doesn't do anything to its walking/running animation if anyone is wondering.)
what does it do then?

but only if you add/subtract bonus attack speed
but changing attack speed of the unit will break the effect of gloves of haste, blood lust, unholy frenzy etc. its better to change animation directly imo.

anyway, the solution that comes to my mind is making new model. However, this will not work dynamically, i.e. you can change it many times during one game.

I also remember there is some trigger about the animation. Do you remember UD chapter 2, when uther dies? slow animation? same with HU chapter 4 when Kel'Thuzad dies too. But I think the animation speed will reset when any order is received.

Status
Not open for further replies.