• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Attachment troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I'm having a bit of trouble with attachments right now.

I'm attempting to use JK2Pach's Animated Marine model and attach weapons to it, but no matter what i do, the weapons don't work right. I've tried many of Konstrukt's weapon models, but they all tilt widely out of place and in the wrong positions.

Is it a problem with the model or with what i'm doing? If it's a problem with the model, can anyone reccomend me some attachments that work with it, or a model that works with Konstrukt's attachments?

Level 18
Make sure you're attaching them to the right point... Else it means that the attachments aren't really made to work with that model...

Yeah. i tried both "hand left" and "hand right" attachment points for a ton of models, and nothing's worked.

Do you know any attachments that work with J2KPach's model?

Level 18
Nope...

w8, do you add it via triggers or via object data? if via object data, you should create two attachment point strings one will be "hand" and one will be "right" or left instead of merging them into one attachment point string...

Yep, been doing that too.

Will it come out any better if i do it via triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.