• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Attachment question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Simple question:

Is it possible to create attachments for the upper leg (above the kneecap), the lower leg (below the kneecap), and the kneecap itself, for Blizzard's Villager (male) model?

Quite simply, I want to try and create some kind of leggings attachment (by attaching something to the upper leg, the lower leg, and to the kneecap), but before I start attempting to model any kind of attachment, I need to know if this is possible.

I've gotten mixed answers from this question, so I am still uncertain.

If anyone wants to do it, sure, go ahead, but if you could point me to a tutorial, step by step, or even just answer the question, it will be great!

Thanks!

Level 19
You can create any attachments as you want
just open model with war3 model editor
open node manager
find the bone that makes the point you want move (example use upper or lower leg bone for knee)
and create an attachment point under that bone named "<point name> REF"
after than right click on it and press edit and enter the coordinates of that point

Status
Not open for further replies.