• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ashenvale Line

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Elven Cross

-Important info-
  • Goldmines:4
  • Other buildings
    • Fountain of Mana:2
  • Easy creep camps: 2
  • Medium creep camps: 4
  • Hard creep camps:2
  • Tileset:Ashenvale

-Map Description-
Standard melee map with 1v1

-Tactics-
-
First kill all nearby creeps than expand on gold mine
the on which is near of course and than attack opponent
if there is any creep on other side be sure to kill

-Credits-
  • Eldubs for Description Template

-Author's Note-
Map is not Protected
Dont edit without permission
Original map blizzards predators

Keywords:
Melee,1v1
Contents

Ashenvale Line (Map)

Reviews
00:38, 24th Jun 2013 Orcnet: my comment
Level 10
Way to empty around the river areas, and other areas. The water looks too neat (Straight) and turns me off, but this could be solved two ways;
- Doodads to make it more interesting taking attention away from the river
- Changing the river to be less neat, and adding doodads

Also making it so you can see, and walk up to the boarder looks ugly, so use some trees to cover up the edge

Level 28
Let me review this one for you.

First of all the terrain is symmetric and the layout isn't that bad at all but your terrain designing is so lacking.. the smooth terrain tiles is nice but I mostly recommend the default settings of tiles to newbies, wanna know why? Because the smooth tiles looks fucking ugly if the overall terrain is empty. You should add more environmental stuff like flowers, rocks(this one can do some magic), fences, lanterns, logs etc. Using the cliff inside the map and not just a decor shit outside the playable area is highly recommendable to melee mappers as cliffs does look good if used well. Also painting some big parts of the map with nothing but Ashenvale's dirt and rough dirt.. then your map is in a big problem they just doesn't looks beautiful at all so my tip to you is to use most of the tiles randomly as they look better that way than painting one or two tiles on big parts.

About the gameplay. Well there is nothing really special about it. Just a expansion mines, wells and a tavern. Try to add a goblin shop or a mercenary camp. Overall its a nice small melee map that can be approve. 2/5.

Level 30
Somehow your tile variation technique is going smooth now but not yet with creep difficulty and the proper work of height tools and environmental doodads, for now I want you to practice this map and do your time here and stop working on other maps, that way you learn more in accuracy and long-stay patience is achievable for this.

In other words, smooth you work with the height tools and apply more environment like doodads and such, and reduce difficulty of creeps because it is a 1v1 map, vm/pm once the said changes are followed then I'll do new results.