• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ashenvale Forest Frenzy (Help Wanted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, all! I've currently been working on a map now that is kind of a cross between Footmen Frenzy and an Arena. The game takes place in Ashenvale Forest. Four teams battle it out in a style similar to Footmen Frenzy; each team has one corner and is encouraged to move towards to middle with their units and participate in a blood bowl with a combination of melee and ranged combat. Each player has the option to select a hero to augment the the abilities of his/her teammates and own units. Units spawn from each players base which is upgradeable similar to standard Frenzies, however the bases attack and armor are upgradeable as well as the player has option to switch between two different unit types for each tier and specific upgrades for those units. As a change, the map is designed so that direct movement through the center is not necessary to reach and opponent, but close quarter battles may take place in a ring outside the center which unites each of the bases. In addition to the standard Frenzy-style game play, the map will feature random [b]team[/b] duels, where units will be frozen and two random teams will have a chance to 'go-at-each-other' and try and gain some morale as well as gold. Gold can then be spent on unit or base upgrades, or can be spent on items which can later be combined to make more powerful weapons.

Well there's a general overview, now, what I'm looking for is someone who can help me optimize the map by removing any leaks as well as help me in creating most of the custom spells. I have a lot of the ideas figured out, but I'm unsure of how to put them into effect efficiently.

Currently I have most of the heroes figured out, however I only have one made. I am 99.9% done the terrain (possible minor tweaks), and am currently working on collecting the appropriate icons and implementing some of the other systems.

Here are some screenies:

[url]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8840/map1ne0.png[/url]
[url]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2079/map3wr2.png[/url]

The completed map should feature:

[b]o[/b] 30 Heroes (10 intelligence, 10 strength, and 10 agility based)
[b]o[/b] Each hero will have 2 active abilities, 1 passive ability, and 1 active ultimate ability. In addition, each hero will have one inherited passive ability which adds an interesting play-style to each hero as well as some back-story.
[b]o[/b] Quests which can be collected to award additional bonuses to the team
[b]o[/b] Basic AI support (don't expect anything fantastic).
[b]o[/b] Multi-tiered bases, with two unit-types per tier, as well as upgrades for the bases and units.
[b]o[/b] Morale system which will aide your units when you have high morale.
[b]o[/b] Random team-based duels.
[b]o[/b] Towers which can be built to aide you defensively, or sometimes offensively.
[b]o[/b] Item-combining system. As well as legendary items only one player may hold.
[b]o[/b] Random events such as boss battles, mysterious shops, and creep attacks.

So again, I'm looking for some help with the abilities and triggering and minimizing leaks. You don't need to be proficient in JASS, GUI is fine, however it would be a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.