• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

As they march...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Dunno why I wrote this. I just did...

Listen to the cry of the war drum. It is the voice of a life lost in the fray, one whose skin was taken and given new form. The stretched hide is a tribute to his loss, as it is rare for the fallen to be immortalised in battle.

Feel the thunder in the earth. The dangers that lie before you pale in comparison to those that come from behind. One hundred thousand footsteps send an echo through your soul that delivers a clear message : To pause for even a second would seal your demise. The order of a march is determined just as the victor of a battle... where the weak fall the strong shall stand and claim their place.

Smell the emotion of your brothers. Stench emits from sweat and leather, bloodened boots and rotting wounds. Fools who witness one with such an odour may fear them, where the clever know that those who emit such a scent fear for themselves. To smell so similar to death makes one feel so close to it.

Taste the blood in your mouth, the crystalised sweat around your lips... the frozen screams in your throat. Now swallow it all down and press on without hesitation.

View the day before you and forget what you have left behind. See only the clarity of dawn, the crispness of the air and beauty of nature. See only the good in life and seize all the pleasant moments of the day.

For it may be your last. The time to reflect has now come to an end. War is calling, and you must march on.

Level 4
hehe thx :) I'm australian lol... we spell in the British form of english in our country, not the American. There are only slight differences between the two, like color (american) and colour (british) as an example. It seems kind of smart that the American version dropped alot of the useless letters... but it basically reads the same. Thx again

Status
Not open for further replies.