1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Vote for the best entries in the 13th Music Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Arthas & Illidan : The Confrontation

Submitted by Septimus
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Detail

Status

Forum - http://septimus.invisionplus.net
Map Status - Protected
Current Version - 1.02
Duration - 5 minutes 30 seconds

Description

Tired of those usual Arthas versus Illdan cinematic which are poorly develop? Here is a good quality cinematic of the battle; even though there is more flashback memories rather than a fight.

Screenshot
Click Here

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Notice

1) Open Sources

• If this map is open sources, it mean this map are free to be view by everybody regardless of age, community, religion and status.
  • Open sources doesn't mean you could edit this map freely without my permission for the sake of fun or various reason, you still got to ask my permission to do so.

2) Protected

• If this map is protected, it mean there is an content or resources that are deem to be exclusive or specially made for the map that I strictly do not allowed other to use or neiter view it.
  • If you wish to view the map through world editor, kindly ask my permission and I would send the open sources to you if I see your reason to be acceptable.

Credit
Section Contributer

Model
  • General Frank
  • Dan van Ohllus
  • Gottfrei
  • Celestea

Spells
  • Paladon
  • Tesla-Dude
  • Rmx

Terrainer
  • Approject
  • raid1000

Loading Screen & Images
  • Paladon

Changelog
Version Status Update Information

• Beta release.

• Update detail no longer available.

• Fix head facings.
  • Fix terrain.
  • Fix camera angle.
  • Fix typo errors.

Septimus Map Resources

[THREAD="87433"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ?[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100164"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (2)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="106408"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (3)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116973"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (4)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="117009"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (5)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82506"]Are You Intelligent ? (Survivor)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82507"]Are You Intelligent ? (Solo)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82508"]Are You Intelligent ? (Cooperate)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83511"]Are You Intelligent ? (Team)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="85518"]Are You Intelligent ? (Time)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82626"]KFC 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84623"]Sparta - Modern Warfare[/THREAD]
[THREAD="88705"]United States Of 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="89067"]Glory Of the Spartans[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108889"]Harry Pottaa And The Dining In Hell[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84733"]Symmetry Park[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95556"]Stairway[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95423"]Garuda Ruins[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95711"]Heion Forest[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95683"]Flood Point[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83746"]Olympic Torch[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84214"]Omaha Assault[/THREAD]
[THREAD="86253"]Kill Me[/THREAD]
[THREAD="105092"]Invasion Of MasterHaosis[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108660"]Dan War[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118947"]Click To Kill[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122023"]Dodge[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100225"]Just For Laughs[/THREAD]
[THREAD="97315"]The Human Sin - Trailer[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116696"]Brotherhood Of Kenji[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118665"]Memory Forever[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122211"]Hand of Justice[/THREAD]
[THREAD="128667"]The Confrontation[/THREAD]
[THREAD="168596"]Unknown Cinematic[/THREAD]

Contents

Arthas & Illidan : The Confrontation (Map)

Reviews
10:55, 23rd May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating. You can find my full review at post #20.
  1. Murcky

Murcky

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just wondering. On the screenshots in your description Arthas has the Lich King's helmet on. What's up with that? If that is in the cinematic it kinda ruins the whole fight, since it's the fight over the Lich King and Arthas dosen't have it on when they fight.

Anyways will download it now and see if I like it. :)

Edit: I really enjoyed the cinematic. Very creative, though... A little more action wouldn't have hurt ;)
    Anywho, It was a good cinematic and I will give it a 4½/5 cause of the somewhat little action. :p

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  2. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You would understand it once you watch it. :p

3. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Your post was off-topic and I always ensure at least 90% of my message was right at the point. If you want to quote my post just to find my fault, I suggest you not to post anything at all.

4. Aljo

Aljo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, you're right about my post being off-topic.
    To get to the point, I must say I enjoyed watching the cinematic. I liked the trigger-based effects (spells), like jumps and slides, etc.

The terrain didn't really bug me, it seemed fine. The only faulty thing I've seen is the flashbacks: I just can't connect some of them to the present fight. But that's, at least in my eyes, not a big issue.

PS: All of the above are from a laic-observer's perspective.

5. raid1000

raid1000

Resources:
    Resources:
    the only things i made in this new version was
    -the underground scenery
    -the icecrown scenery

6. Cihparg

Cihparg

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Oh, I forgot 1 Thing about your Cinematick, goes to the Terrain part.

When you use Abyss, You should move it to the first place on tilesets.

7. Squidle

Squidle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gonna watch it and then I'll rate it too (maybe even +rep)

Edit: Hmh, nice cinematic!
    But the teleport of Arthas was bit lame, he don't really posses that ability.
    And there were too many flash(backs), kinda annoying. And where was the battle music?

Anyway, Good sounds, Nice terrain.
    Animations were good/average.

I give it a 4/5!, Good Job!

8. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you refer to me, I would give you 3 reasons.

1) My comments are direct to the points, anybody who got brain would definitely agree about it.
    2) I do think before I write, I would never write a long review without it being precise.
    3) If you want to give low rating, give it with reason. Unplanned actions are consider a reason to give low rating? That is more like downrating.

9. Xarwin

Xarwin

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've took my time to watch it.
    Somehow I'm missing something, I'm not sure what.
    The effects where 'too simple' for my opinion, I saw better one yet it doesn't mean that this cinematic was fully bad. Pretty good at certain parts.
    Ah well.
    My rating follows most of the rest, 3/5.

10. Vegavak

Vegavak

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is a little unpolished, don't you think?

And you're taking the comments way too personally Septimus. Floating doodads is pretty bad.

11. constellcreate

constellcreate

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is my opinion, DO NOT REPLY OR QUOTE MY MESSAGE, I can see efforts in camera but this cinematic is NOT epic at ALL. Yes flash backs, no problem, but what in the world?; Arthas and Illidan are trying to kick each other's asses and Arthas ended up winning becuase of Kelthuzad's frost nova? Cheap - not epic - bad twist of story

To improve:
    -Make their battle last longer with more actions
    (not just stand there and fires come out of nowhere)
    -Remove the unessesary flashes (not flash backs)
    -Have them both talk to each other angrily before they crushes in
    -Remove the god damned Kelthuzad, he doesnt belong in it.
    -Make good story twists (unpredictable moves and events)

My rating: Overall 2/5

I am only giving a 2 for the camera, good use of reduce animation speed, and reasonable flash backs, out of every part from this cinematic because those are the only thing that deserves rating, the other parts are bad I wont even bother with a 1/5 rating. So overall -2/5- (After all the suggestions I make with my other friends who also watched this we decided a 1.5/5 rating but I dont want to be too mean because i can see A LOT of effort you put into this) Many more spots to improve, good luck.

No, not at all, no +rep for this comment

12. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I already view it and even ask some opinion from other terrainer, there is no floating doodads. Even raid1000 does not edit the forest terrain simply because there is no floating doodad at all.

KelThuzad frost nova are rather strong as well. If you view Arthas vs Illdan at undead campaign. Even Illdan get hurt by Arthas swords, what's more to said about the frost nova especially when it was a spells.

My cinematic battle are design to follow the music theme. The music last about 3 minutes 19 seconds, so what do you expect from it.

Also, battle that are too long would make audience snore. I do not want a battle that last too long.

The flash are crucial to indicate what is happening or else there would be a lot of question regarding about it.

Honestly enough, not every battle start with crappy talk. Who want to watch a battle where there is plenty of crappy talk before they fight?

Having a crappy talk before fight are like childish and more to kiddie behavior.

KelThuzad does belong in it, he was crucial in helping Arthas most of the time. Ever play blizzard campaign?

Those unique battle movement could only been done at JASS, this was done at GUI. Thus, the ability to do so was strictly limited. With limited animation at the models as well, it make the job even harder.

After all, those model isn't like black_stan model where you have several necessary animation effect for it.

Seems like this rating was partially invalid as well. You vote it based on your taste rather than the work, you did not even mention what's wrong with it and straight away give 2/5.

I might seems to take it personally, that was because those user who give 1/5 and 2/5 gives a rather useless comment without mentioning what is wrong.

Those user who vote it 3/5 such as Amigurumi, bounty hunter2, and HFR could give at least half a dozen reason of why it deserve 3/5 and where is the flaw of the map is.

But what about those who rate it 2/5 and 1/5? Here is their comment.

Tell me which part of their review was constructive and pointing the flaw of the map? NONE.
    The only thing they give was just a suggestion, which are partially not suitable to be even implement to the map at all.

If user who vote it 3/5 can give plenty of reason why it deserve 3/5. How come those who give 2/5 and 1/5 cannot give the right reason for it?

The answer are simple, they are trying to downrate the map. I already seen plenty of people like this. Please write a constructive review if you want to rate, this is hardly consider as review.

I got the right to reply.

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  13. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Narutards :p

And Kel'Thuzad is just Arthas mentor. This means that he's always with him, either by phisically or by mental contact.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Pretty much epileptic. It has some interesting moves though. It also makes Arthas an unexpected coward.

15. Brox

Brox

Resources:
    Resources:
    It nice. I dont have words. It is very nice!!! Very very nice guy!!