• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arthas & Illidan : The Confrontation

Detail

Status

Forum - http://septimus.invisionplus.net
Map Status - Protected
Current Version - 1.02
Duration - 5 minutes 30 seconds

Description

Tired of those usual Arthas versus Illdan cinematic which are poorly develop? Here is a good quality cinematic of the battle; even though there is more flashback memories rather than a fight.

Screenshot

148027-albums700-picture30691.jpg

148027-albums700-picture30692.jpg

148027-albums700-picture30693.jpg

148027-albums700-picture30694.jpg

148027-albums700-picture30695.jpg

Notice

1) Open Sources

• If this map is open sources, it mean this map are free to be view by everybody regardless of age, community, religion and status.
  • Open sources doesn't mean you could edit this map freely without my permission for the sake of fun or various reason, you still got to ask my permission to do so.

2) Protected

• If this map is protected, it mean there is an content or resources that are deem to be exclusive or specially made for the map that I strictly do not allowed other to use or neiter view it.
  • If you wish to view the map through world editor, kindly ask my permission and I would send the open sources to you if I see your reason to be acceptable.

Credit
SectionContributer
Model
  • General Frank
  • Dan van Ohllus
  • Gottfrei
  • Celestea
Spells
  • Paladon
  • Tesla-Dude
  • Rmx
Terrainer
  • Approject
  • raid1000
Loading Screen & Images
  • Paladon
Changelog
Version StatusUpdate Information
  • Beta release.
  • Update detail no longer available.
  • Fix head facings.
  • Fix terrain.
  • Fix camera angle.
  • Fix typo errors.
Septimus Map Resources

[THREAD="87433"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ?[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100164"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (2)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="106408"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (3)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116973"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (4)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="117009"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (5)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82506"]Are You Intelligent ? (Survivor)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82507"]Are You Intelligent ? (Solo)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82508"]Are You Intelligent ? (Cooperate)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83511"]Are You Intelligent ? (Team)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="85518"]Are You Intelligent ? (Time)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82626"]KFC 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84623"]Sparta - Modern Warfare[/THREAD]
[THREAD="88705"]United States Of 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="89067"]Glory Of the Spartans[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108889"]Harry Pottaa And The Dining In Hell[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84733"]Symmetry Park[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95556"]Stairway[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95423"]Garuda Ruins[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95711"]Heion Forest[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95683"]Flood Point[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83746"]Olympic Torch[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84214"]Omaha Assault[/THREAD]
[THREAD="86253"]Kill Me[/THREAD]
[THREAD="105092"]Invasion Of MasterHaosis[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108660"]Dan War[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118947"]Click To Kill[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122023"]Dodge[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100225"]Just For Laughs[/THREAD]
[THREAD="97315"]The Human Sin - Trailer[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116696"]Brotherhood Of Kenji[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118665"]Memory Forever[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122211"]Hand of Justice[/THREAD]
[THREAD="128667"]The Confrontation[/THREAD]
[THREAD="168596"]Unknown Cinematic[/THREAD]

Contents

Arthas & Illidan : The Confrontation (Map)

Reviews
10:55, 23rd May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating. You can find my full review at post #20.
Level 4
This is my opinion, DO NOT REPLY OR QUOTE MY MESSAGE, I can see efforts in camera but this cinematic is NOT epic at ALL. Yes flash backs, no problem, but what in the world?; Arthas and Illidan are trying to kick each other's asses and Arthas ended up winning becuase of Kelthuzad's frost nova? Cheap - not epic - bad twist of story

To improve:
-Make their battle last longer with more actions
(not just stand there and fires come out of nowhere)
-Remove the unessesary flashes (not flash backs)
-Have them both talk to each other angrily before they crushes in
-Remove the god damned Kelthuzad, he doesnt belong in it.
-Make good story twists (unpredictable moves and events)

My rating: Overall 2/5

I am only giving a 2 for the camera, good use of reduce animation speed, and reasonable flash backs, out of every part from this cinematic because those are the only thing that deserves rating, the other parts are bad I wont even bother with a 1/5 rating. So overall -2/5- (After all the suggestions I make with my other friends who also watched this we decided a 1.5/5 rating but I dont want to be too mean because i can see A LOT of effort you put into this) Many more spots to improve, good luck.

I dare you to find a Arthas versus Illdan map which are better than this one.

No, not at all, no +rep for this comment

Level 31
Floating doodads is pretty bad.

I already view it and even ask some opinion from other terrainer, there is no floating doodads. Even raid1000 does not edit the forest terrain simply because there is no floating doodad at all.

and Arthas ended up winning becuase of Kelthuzad's frost nova? Cheap - not epic

KelThuzad frost nova are rather strong as well. If you view Arthas vs Illdan at undead campaign. Even Illdan get hurt by Arthas swords, what's more to said about the frost nova especially when it was a spells.

Make their battle last longer with more actions

My cinematic battle are design to follow the music theme. The music last about 3 minutes 19 seconds, so what do you expect from it.

Also, battle that are too long would make audience snore. I do not want a battle that last too long.

Remove the unessesary flashes

The flash are crucial to indicate what is happening or else there would be a lot of question regarding about it.

Have them both talk to each other angrily before they crushes in

Honestly enough, not every battle start with crappy talk. Who want to watch a battle where there is plenty of crappy talk before they fight?

Having a crappy talk before fight are like childish and more to kiddie behavior.

Remove the god damned Kelthuzad, he doesnt belong in it.

KelThuzad does belong in it, he was crucial in helping Arthas most of the time. Ever play blizzard campaign?

Make good story twists (unpredictable moves and events)

Those unique battle movement could only been done at JASS, this was done at GUI. Thus, the ability to do so was strictly limited. With limited animation at the models as well, it make the job even harder.

After all, those model isn't like black_stan model where you have several necessary animation effect for it.

I am only giving a 2 for the camera, good use of reduce animation speed, and reasonable flash backs, out of every part from this cinematic because those are the only thing that deserves rating, the other parts are bad I wont even bother with a 1/5 rating. So overall -2/5- (After all the suggestions I make with my other friends who also watched this we decided a 1.5/5 rating but I dont want to be too mean because i can see A LOT of effort you put into this) Many more spots to improve, good luck.

Seems like this rating was partially invalid as well. You vote it based on your taste rather than the work, you did not even mention what's wrong with it and straight away give 2/5.

And you're taking the comments way too personally Septimus.

I might seems to take it personally, that was because those user who give 1/5 and 2/5 gives a rather useless comment without mentioning what is wrong.

Those user who vote it 3/5 such as Amigurumi, bounty hunter2, and HFR could give at least half a dozen reason of why it deserve 3/5 and where is the flaw of the map is.

But what about those who rate it 2/5 and 1/5? Here is their comment.

Seems like you arent as good as you think you are.2/5.
Cant accept negative comments ? Fail in life.

With your arrogance and useless comments on others , this is not expected. With a totally unplanned cinematic. Maybe next time you should think of yourself before speaking. I do not like unplanned actions so i'll give it a low rate.

This is my opinion, DO NOT REPLY OR QUOTE MY MESSAGE, I can see efforts in camera but this cinematic is NOT epic at ALL. Yes flash backs, no problem, but what in the world?; Arthas and Illidan are trying to kick each other's asses and Arthas ended up winning becuase of Kelthuzad's frost nova? Cheap - not epic - bad twist of story

To improve:
-Make their battle last longer with more actions
(not just stand there and fires come out of nowhere)
-Remove the unessesary flashes (not flash backs)
-Have them both talk to each other angrily before they crushes in
-Remove the god damned Kelthuzad, he doesnt belong in it.
-Make good story twists (unpredictable moves and events)

My rating: Overall 2/5

Tell me which part of their review was constructive and pointing the flaw of the map? NONE.
The only thing they give was just a suggestion, which are partially not suitable to be even implement to the map at all.

If user who vote it 3/5 can give plenty of reason why it deserve 3/5. How come those who give 2/5 and 1/5 cannot give the right reason for it?

The answer are simple, they are trying to downrate the map. I already seen plenty of people like this. Please write a constructive review if you want to rate, this is hardly consider as review.

This is my opinion, DO NOT REPLY OR QUOTE MY MESSAGE,

I got the right to reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: HFR
Level 8
Arthas & Illidan : The Confrontation is a cinematic map made by Septimus. The theme of the cinematic is a fight between Arthas and Illidan in Northrend.

The terrain of the cinematic was quite average and lacking in places. The worst part was when the lich king was shown frozen. It was empty and flat all around it. And the terrain could used more height variation in most of the places aswell.

Next the idea, the story, wasn't original. It reminded me a lot on Blizzards final cinematic quite a lot. And you didn't make your own story, you rather took Blizzards.

The special effects, and the fight was better then your previous cinematics. You didn't overuse the special effects, however the part when Illidan was bombarding Arthas with flames was quite bad. Arthas was just shifting around, it looked quite odd.

The music was good, aswell as voice acting, since you used only Blizzards sounds, which is almost always good.

The packaging is good, as in all of your maps. The map is polished and good, however it misses something special in it. Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

I love this rating.. It doesn't make any sense. =D
If you were to start at a 3/5 Average. and subtract 1 point for each BAD remark and add 1 point for each GOOD remark, well......
What do you get??

1) The terrain was lacking and boring... (-1)
2) The story was more stolen from Blizzard than your own idea. (-1)
3) The special effects with Illidan bombarding Arthus with flames was bad (-1)
4) The special effects were better than your previous efforts. (Not a complitment exactly....)
5) The sounds and music were good. (+1) Finally
6) Finally, well... He says your map was polished and good but also says it misses something.?? How is it polished then? Wondering??? (So neither a + nor a -)
That puts this at a 1/5. Do you know BountyHunter2 in RL or something?
Looking kinda shady here.