• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Army Command Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I made Star Wars Footmen Frenzy and for my new version i would like to add an ability that commands units within range of the hero to atk/move whever the ability was cast. i forget but ive seen this ability before and i cant duplicate it. Help anyone?

Level 8
You should add a dummy spell..
Like you add berserk with 0 % bonus speed. Its bufftime is 0.01 seconds..

Then make a trigger

Event: A ability is being casted ( or something like this )
Boolream: Ability Being casted equal to *yourabilty*
Event:
Custom Script:Ug_WantDestroyGroup=True
Unitgroup:pick every unit in range of Casting unit and do ( Multiplicate functions )
Order unit to move to *yourrect*

Level 24
dhk's idea should work fine BUT you should probably make it something that does something to an area (like maybe silence), give it an AoE of 1 (not 0 because then you'd need a unit as the focus), a duration of 0, and a cast range of 99999 (which i believe is highest) if you want it to be mapwide

Level 4
For some reason i cant seem to get the ability to work. I based it off Silence with aoe of 1 duration of 0 casting range of 99999 and heres wat i have for the trigger.

COmmand Troops
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Command Troops
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Casting unit))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Target point of ability being cast)

Level 24
you may need to use "ability is cast" or whatever it is instead of begins casting ability
otherwise i can't think of what would be wrong, tho i'm sure dhk could magic up a JASS script to do it

Level 24
uh
hmm :?
try all the things that have anything to do with abilities being cast (start, finish, is, etc.)
all i can think of... sorry i can't help more than that :?

on a sadistic note, good luck with that :twisted:
lol jk :wink:

Level 40
what DHK wrote is kinda right, but with a couple mess-ups, ( can be improved, and i dont want to even know what happened to that Custom Script line )

here we go - sped up, fixed, and written with the correct names

Events
Generic Unit Event - A Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability
Conditions
Ability Comparison - Ability Being Cast equal to Command Troops
Actions
Set Variable - Set Loc[0] = Position of Triggering Unit
Set Variable - Set Loc[1] = Target Point of Ability Being Cast
Custom Script - set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
Unit Group - Pick Every Unit In Group and do Actions = Pick Every Unit in ( Units Within 1000 of Loc[0] ) and do Unit - Issue Order Targeting a Point - Order Picked Unit to move to Loc[1]
Custom Script - call RemoveLocation( Loc[0] )
Custom Script - call RemoveLocation( Loc[1] )

PS. requires an Array variable ( size 1, type Point )

Teh_Ephy - Begins Casting still works, it just suxorz ( oh, and i dont think DHK knows JASS )

TheMoneyLover - Custom Script is the 3rd action from the top of the list ( no category ), and is right under Comment. Also, the reason the script was not working was defenitely NOT the custom script line, as pretty much the only way that a GUI user will ever use JASS is to clean up leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.