• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Are you a director ? Come and give idea if you are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Currently I am making a battle cinematic that last about 2.26 minutes or 146 seconds to be exact.

The battle cinematic would involve a lot of slow motion and suspense, but I am currently deadlock on what could be use to make the atmosphere more exciting.

For example, what type of environment should I use ? Forest ? Village ? Ruin Village ? Graveyard ?

If you think you are good director, give me the idea of.

1) Environment - Which environment suit the best ?
2) Fog - Should the fog be thick ? What colour could make it look creepy or more exhilarating.
3) Action - What action should I make after the ninja make a somersault towards the samurai ? Should the samurai dodge the attack, jump forward or ?
4) Animation - What animation should be use more frequent ?

Come and contribute idea. This cinematic was currently done 15-20% only, that is because I am currently deadlock about the idea.

Last edited:
Level 17
Not going to say I am a director but here are my suggestions...

1) Environment - Since this came from the game Battle Realms, how about a natural japanese area with a waterfall just for the heck of it?
2) Fog - White. Thick white.
3) Action - The Samurai should dodge the attack
4) Animation - I don't feel the slow-moness of it. I guess its because its just so... slow... Fast paced is the way to go if you don't have the song and effects to make a slow-mo fight.

Oh, and your song sounds like a sex scene to be honest.

Level 31
Well Septimus, what is the background of the battle? What are the previous events? Say if the Kenji Brotherhood just.. burned a village (Its an example) You can have the other army come in and ambush the Kenji after burning the village in say the woods?

It's not a bad idea to have army to ambush it, but I want to make both of the character still alive as I might make a second sequal.

Not going to say I am a director but here are my suggestions...

1) Environment - Since this came from the game Battle Realms, how about a natural japanese area with a waterfall just for the heck of it?
2) Fog - White. Thick white.
3) Action - The Samurai should dodge the attack
4) Animation - I don't feel the slow-moness of it. I guess its because its just so... slow... Fast paced is the way to go if you don't have the song and effects to make a slow-mo fight.

Oh, and your song sounds like a sex scene to be honest.

1) The image is, but the storyline not. I use the name Kenji and image from the game cause it look nice.
2) Won't white fog mismatch with waterfall and forest scenery?
3) Dodge the attack, and then?
4) I make it real slow for slow motion, after all that is what slow motion for and I do not think it is wise to suddenly change the song just because of slow motion. And effect? What type of effect? Mind being more specific about it?
5) Sound like a sex scene? How can it sound like a sex scene to you, I would never be able to figure out... :=/

Level 18
Currently I am making a battle cinematic that last about 2.26 minutes or 146 seconds to be exact.

The battle cinematic would involve a lot of slow motion and suspense, but I am currently deadlock on what could be use to make the atmosphere more exciting.

For example, what type of environment should I use ? Forest ? Village ? Ruin Village ? Graveyard ?

If you think you are good director, give me the idea of.

1) Environment - Which environment suit the best ?
2) Fog - Should the fog be thick ? What colour could make it look creepy or more exhilarating.
3) Action - What action should I make after the ninja make a somersault towards the samurai ? Should the samurai dodge the attack, jump forward or ?
4) Animation - What animation should be use more frequent ?

Come and contribute idea. This cinematic was currently done 15-20% only, that is because I am currently deadlock about the idea.

First you mention nothing specific, but only in point #3 you mention a ninja and a samurai? You really have to tell us a bit of the background. Tell us what your story is about, or we would convince you to put a Star Wars battle into the Wild West...

Status
Not open for further replies.