• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Are these items possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Shield - Makes you immune to stun

Armor - Makes you immune to critical strike

I know theres some easy ways to make you always hit like giving the target 100% critical strike which always hits, so you can ignore evasion.

Are there any simple ways around the above to item abilitys?

thx

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I don't know how to detect when a unit becomes stunned/affected by a buff (Events). For the second one... hmm... maybe if you use:

Events:
A unit starts the effect of an ability (Generic Unit event)

Conditions:
(Ability being cast) equal to Critical Strike (Ability Comparison)

Actions:
If/Then/Else

..If:
...(Attacked Unit) has Immunity Shield (for critical strike)
....Then:
.....Pause (Attacking Unit)
.....Else:
......Do Nothing

If the "pause unit" doesnt work, then create a dummy unit with a custom storm bolt skill that deals 0 damage but stuns for 0.01. Edit the buff Stunned(Pause) and delete the effects. MAKE SURE the stun time is 0.01 (if you set it to 0.00 the stun will last forever i think). Before creating a dummy unit, read the Spell FAQ.

Events:
A unit starts the effect of an ability (Generic Unit event)

Conditions:
(Ability being cast) equal to Critical Strike

Actions:
If/Then/Else

..If:
...(Attacked Unit) has Immunity Shield (for critical strike)
....Then:
.....-Create a Dummy Unit at postion of Attacking Unit (facing either point or angle)
.....-Order (Last created unit) to Human - Storm Bolt Attacking Unit. (Location: Issue Order Targeting a unit)
.....-Give a 2 second Generic expiration time to (Last created unit)

.....Else:
.....Do Nothing

-Rui

Status
Not open for further replies.