• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Archive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello there Hive!
I was wondering if this site has an "Archive" index, where all of the model, skins, icons etc. where all put together. I was curious if hive has one because another warcraft modding site I visit has one this
I tried putting /archive/ at the end but it didn't work.. :xxd:
so it's either it's "/archive/" is wrong or hive doesn't have..
thanks in advance :grin:

Level 12
well, I know about the simple filter method. But having that kind of archive is much easier to browse just Ctrl+G (Google Chrome) when in the archive and like the sample archive I think some of the deleted models maybe there, because I'm kind of insearch of some models of banned users :grin:

Level 24
well, I know about the simple filter method. But having that kind of archive is much easier to browse just Ctrl+G (Google Chrome) when in the archive and like the sample archive I think some of the deleted models maybe there, because I'm kind of insearch of some models of banned users :grin:
It's only useful if you know more or less exactly what you're looking for, in which case it isn't harder or necessarily more time consuming to simply find the item(s) in their respective categories either.

For most people, such an archive just looks like the clusterfuck it clearly is.

Level 12
yes, I know about the different sections here in hive and I think it's easier for me to atleast have a shortcut, take for an example; your searching for a very old model here in hive and you forgot the name, the filter is displaying alot etc. it is much easier. And it's not I'm lazy for searching manually, I'm insearch of models made by a user that was banned IF that model was somehow saved in the database and I can download it from the archive :thumbs_up:

(...) I'm insearch of models made by a user that was banned IF that model was somehow saved in the database and I can download it from the archive :thumbs_up:
Which was your question all along.

This request of yours can not be fulfilled. If we were to offer deleted models, it would be copyright infringement. Our users decide whether they want resources to be available here, or not.<

You have three options to acquire the models you are looking for:
  • Find an unprotected map that uses them --> extraction possible.
  • The models in question might still be available on other sites.
  • Contact the creators directly.

Additionally, such archives are hideous. On top of that, they are only useful if you know exactly what you are looking for.
They don't feature any kind of detailed information or previews.
The system Hive uses is best fitting for its means.

Status
Not open for further replies.