• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arcane Glaive

A 6-bladed magical glaive.
The blades are curved slightly, like this glaive or the "Glaives Of Wisdom" from DotA's Silencer.
Based on Glaive Thrower's projectile.
No custom textures used.

Edit1:
Shoutout to DevineArmy for making the glaive fly straight instead of swinging slightly!

Edit2:
Fixed center texture.

Edit3:
Why does it never say that it got updated? ^^

Keywords:
glaive, blade, arcane, magic, missile
Contents

Arcane Glaive (Model)

Reviews
08:12, 29th Aug 2008 Pyritie: Fix the unwrap on the center bit. 4th Sep 2008 Pyritie: Changes made, resource approved.

M

08:12, 29th Aug 2008
Pyritie: Fix the unwrap on the center bit.

4th Sep 2008
Pyritie: Changes made, resource approved.

Level 9
Too bad this thing cannot work in real life. magic is required to keep up such structure.

Cute missile....

Level 30
that is pretty awesome
but i hate the way it moves (the rotation is fine but when the left goes up and down) its not really good for such a glaive, it should go straight! if you want to make em go straght, just PM me, il fix it in no time

EDIT:

okey Infrisios asked me to do so, so he could look how it would be. Now he can consider ...

Attachments

• ArcaneGlaive_Straight.mdx
    9.5 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Level 8
Due to the view of wc3, it will hardly be recognisable.
In the testmap I used, I could not at all see the differences with normal cam.
But when the projectile is slower and/or the range is higher, the difference will be there.
So I update it to the straight-flying glaive.
Thanks, Devine!
Rep+ ;-)

Level 30
Due to the view of wc3, it will hardly be recognisable.
In the testmap I used, I could not at all see the differences with normal cam.
But when the projectile is slower and/or the range is higher, the difference will be there.
So I update it to the straight-flying glaive.
Thanks, Devine!
Rep+ ;-)
whell you can see it in the particle-tail when it flies, now it also goes straight

Level 2
I got an Idea *Always a bad thing*
Make a missile with just a single blade of the glaive. Throwable daggers are always in high demand.
Nice missile, btw. 4.5/5