• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arcane Crystal Tower

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
for a TD map I Made

also inccluded a version without the crystal, because you can attach anotehr effect in its place for the "head" attachment point
Previews
Contents

Arcane Crystal Tower - Light Green (Model)

Arcane Crystal Tower - Blue (Model)

Arcane Crystal Tower - Dark Blue (Model)

Arcane Crystal Tower - Green (Model)

Arcane Crystal Tower - No Crystal (Model)

Arcane Crystal Tower - Purple (Model)

Arcane Crystal Tower - Red (Model)

Arcane Crystal Tower - Teal (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Too many polygons for such a simple model. Please find a way to reduce the polygon count to about 400. The shading and UV mapping also needs work and the textures look very muddy. The death animation is not correct. The model needs to disappear at the...
very simple? What kind of high standards do you have?
I can add TC but it the crystal is itself blue and the color will mix
Well, I might sound redundant with Frank but the global shape is very simple and symmetrical.
While I don't have his expertise your model doesn't have much to say - but that's not a bad thing in itself.
Maybe with a more complex shape & design you can improve a lot the visual appearance ; and take care of the juice too.
Let me show you an example. I just added some diversity and details, but I don't know where you wanted to go.
1691004998354.png

Well, I might sound redundant with Frank but the global shape is very simple and symmetrical.
While I don't have his expertise your model doesn't have much to say - but that's not a bad thing in itself.
Maybe with a more complex shape & design you can improve a lot the visual appearance ; and take care of the juice too.
Let me show you an example. I just added some diversity and details, but I don't know where you wanted to go.
View attachment 442266
symmetrical is desirable for a lot of things.
I've already made up my mind and i'm not changing the shape cuz someone doesnt like it.

symmetrical is desirable for a lot of things.
I've already made up my mind and i'm not changing the shape cuz someone doesnt like it.
You are so extremely selfish and abrasive.
You need to adjust your tone, because if you continue like this NO ONE would want to deal with you in the future.

I wonder if the rules should be updated to include that a hive version is required so that moderation can be happy while the author's actual work can also be allowed instead of destroying fellow artists? I had originally intended to link and share a history of this evidence however I would rather my comment be seen less aggressively so I shall only mention my intent instead.

Sometimes rules should be bent if there really isn't a better version of a similar or same work of art while at the same time moderation shouldn't be so savage in their effort to better another. Hive was never about elitism like wc3c was, that's part of what I liked about being here.

I wonder if the rules should be updated to include that a hive version is required so that moderation can be happy while the author's actual work can also be allowed instead of destroying fellow artists? I had originally intended to link and share a history of this evidence however I would rather my comment be seen less aggressively so I shall only mention my intent instead.

Sometimes rules should be bent if there really isn't a better version of a similar or same work of art while at the same time moderation shouldn't be so savage in their effort to better another. Hive was never about elitism like wc3c was, that's part of what I liked about being here.
No bending of rules if the author shows extreme aversion to improvement and input.
No one is destroying fellow artists than the artist themselves in question.
Hive standards are higher than before and it is a good thing. Resources are more available than ever before because even very basic stuff is still accessible to the public and NOT rejected. Think about it.

No bending of rules if the author shows extreme aversion to improvement and input.
No one is destroying fellow artists than the artist themselves in question.
Hive standards are higher than before and it is a good thing. Resources are more available than ever before because even very basic stuff is still accessible to the public and NOT rejected. Think about it.
I wouldn't have been commenting if I hadn't already thought about it.

Standards on the other hand have actually dropped in a way not easily visible yet.
Edit: I was not referring to simple/useful models. ;)

Last edited:
Standards on the other hand have actually dropped in a way not easily visible yet.
They did though. You can freely view 'simple/useful' models.
if you think that ticking a checkbox for those resources is too much then I am sorry about that.

If you want to continue on this please write me a PM as I don't feel cluttering this model with off-topic conversation and I won't be replying further as you seem to get most information wrong and twisted.