• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Arcane Blast Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
hi people , im having trouble with this trigger , the problem is that it doesnt even deal damage , and i tried everithing and the results... nothing...

or im a stupid and i dont note the error.

this is how i made the trigger
  • Event
    • Unit - Unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability Being Cast) equal to Arcane Blast
  • Actions
    • Set Caster = (Triggering Unit)
    • Set Target = (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast)
    • Set IntDmg = Real(Inteligence of Caster)
  • If/Then/Else
    • If
      • Level of Arcane Blast for Caster equal to 1
    • Then do
      • Unit - Order Caster to damage Target dealing (IntDmg * 5) damage type Spells and (dun remember the other) normal
  • // i made the If/Then/Else for the 3 levels
lol , help...

Level 11
take a look at the type of damage you are dealing... if it is magical the unit must not be immune to magic... if it physical the target must not be ethereal etc etc

BTW im not trying to steal your map... be sure that i have more than enough with 1 anime map

Level 8
take a look at the type of damage you are dealing... if it is magical the unit must not be immune to magic... if it physical the target must not be ethereal etc etc

BTW im not trying to steal your map... be sure that i have more than enough with 1 anime map

2 things

first , if the unit is inmune to magic , it is imposible to cast this ability on it even.

second , i dun want you to steal map or anything , i was just saying because it is worthless post it here , its the same thing...

Level 25
I think you need to store the target in a difrent trigger:
  • Events - Unit begins casting an ability
  • Condition - Ability being cast equal to *your spell*
  • Actions - Set Target = (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast)
That should work and remove the:
  • Set Target = (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast)
Line from your starts the effect of ability trigger.

Level 8
lol , my casting unit do have inteligence and its also primer attribute (inteligence = main attribute)

EDIT: NOT WORKING ANYWAYS , i tested all , and still it doesnt work ! , it doesnt damage the unit.

Last edited:
Level 25
Did you tried what i said? If you have and it doesn't work try to store the damage into a variable like:
  • Set - *arcane blast damage* = Int of Casting unit X *Y*(or whatever)
And then:
  • Unit cause damage - Cause casting unit to damage *Target* dealing *arcane blast damage* of type *type1*
Try to set the *arcane blast damage* in the: "Unit begins casting" event if it doesn't work on "Unit starts the effect of ability" event.

Level 8
Did you tried what i said? If you have and it doesn't work try to store the damage into a variable like:
  • Set - *arcane blast damage* = Int of Casting unit X *Y*(or whatever)
And then:
  • Unit cause damage - Cause casting unit to damage *Target* dealing *arcane blast damage* of type *type1*
Try to set the *arcane blast damage* in the: "Unit begins casting" event if it doesn't work on "Unit starts the effect of ability" event.

ok i'll try it , and btw , the event is already "Starts the effect of an ability" lol...

Level 8
but this is not the case , its single target , and ialready told all details if im not wrong ... i dunno what you want for the map , if it only have the ability itself , it havent have anithing changed , it only have that ability , i cant make

by the way , if you get annoyed because of the ability not working and im posting it is not , just dont post...

anyways , thx for the map of the ability , hope it works well...

EDIT: +rep to MistAssas for the work , despite he was angry , it was useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.