• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arcadian Forest

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The Arcadian Forest

Description

The Arcadian Forest is a basic melee map; however, it puts a strong emphasis on lumber-jacking. In order to reach additional gold mines, your opponents, and the shops, you must chop through tree walls.

A Dragon Roost is located in the middle, with 6 Red Dragon Whelps, 2 Red Drakes, and 1 Red Dragon. This means, it is EXTREMELY difficult to reach this roost; however, the shops may be accessed with ease as long as you cut through a couple tree walls. Just watch out for the monsters protecting their gold mines!

AI may or may not work; since lumber work is required to reach your opponents, they will either A; take forever, or B; not reach you at all. It is recommended that if you play with AI, you work to quickly connect the bases.

Author's Notes

I am currently in progress of learning how to properly use triggers in a WC3 map. If anyone would like to help me, please leave a visitor message or private message me.

Feedback on this map would be greatly appreciated. Please comment problems you've encountered, bugs in the game, imbalances, suggestions, or what you like!

Keywords:
Arcadia, Arcadian, Forest, Fight, Melee, Players, Trees, Lumber, Gold, Monsters, Hard
Contents

Arcadian Forest (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 16-Jul-13 (19:07:05)Critical Errors:Your Map has low quality terrain. Useful Links:The Important Site Rules. You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your...

M

Moderator: -Kobas-
Date: 16-Jul-13 (19:07:05)
Critical Errors:
Your Map has low quality terrain.
Useful Links:
The Important Site Rules.
You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your maps.
Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section
The Important Site Tutorials.
If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation.
Personal Comment:
Read melee map tutorials.
You have made a lot of newbie mistakes.

Map Status: Rejected
(1/5) Unacceptable

Level 29
[Reviewer template made by Legal_Ease]
abgm's review
***Arcadian Forest***

Map Overview

***For a 4 player melee map, a lot of work is needed to improve***

What I liked:

-Starting locations, placed as square

What could be improved:

1)all neutral buildings placed in a same place.
2) creeps doesnt loot items
3) wild terrain all flat
4) 100% one tile set the grass
5) the form of the map is not very atractive to me, i saw maps like this and in my opinion log and log and log, i think it can be better
6) not a single doodad, so the enviroment is missing

Rating and Final Thoughts:

***rejection*** ***No, good enviroment, no good terrain, game play isnt that good because the loot system and neutral buildings in a same place,so in the end there arent good things, also you can make this map in 30-60 mins, the only effort here is to put trees,***

i sugest you to read tutorials, study approved maps, or blizzard maps to improve

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
[Reviewer template made by Legal_Ease]
abgm's review
***Arcadian Forest***

Map Overview

***For a 4 player melee map, a lot of work is needed to improve***

What I liked:

-Starting locations, placed as square

What could be improved:

1)all neutral buildings placed in a same place.
2) creeps doesnt loot items
3) wild terrain all flat
4) 100% one tile set the grass
5) the form of the map is not very atractive to me, i saw maps like this and in my opinion log and log and log, i think it can be better
6) not a single doodad, so the enviroment is missing

Rating and Final Thoughts:

***rejection*** ***No, good enviroment, no good terrain, game play isnt that good because the loot system and neutral buildings in a same place,so in the end there arent good things, also you can make this map in 30-60 mins, the only effort here is to put trees,***

i sugest you to read tutorials, study approved maps, or blizzard maps to improve

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I updated terrain, doodads, mobs, etc. The map was redone to fix the issues you mentioned. There's a spread terrain, mobs drop loot now, the shops are spread, I lowered the number of tree walls, the terrain has several rocks and many wild plants, there are barrels located near each shop, and there are random rolling hills, along with a large hill at the location of the Red Dragon Roost in the center.