• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Approximate location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, I need help about a trigger that would do a circle of pings around a certain unit on the map to show it's approximate location when another unit uses a spell.

The thing is I don't know how to do that "ping circle", do I need to use multiple "point with offset" is is there a faster way ?
Thanks

Level 22
Here it is, edit it to your needs.

• For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at ((Position of Priest 0000 <gen>) offset by 500.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 36.00) degrees) for 5.00 seconds, using a Simple ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)

Level 28
Edit: Bara was faster, but Bara has leaks :X
I dislike leaks.

• Ping
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    • Actions
      • Set Loc1 = (Position of Knight 0001 <gen>)
      • For each (Integer LoopInt) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Loc2 = (Loc1 offset by 300.00 towards ((Real(LoopInt)) x 36.00) degrees)
          • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at Loc2 for 1.00 seconds, using a Simple ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc2)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc1)
Info:

3 Variables: Loc1 (point), Loc2 (point), LoopInt (integer).
The custom script is used to remove leaks (so the trigger doesn't cause any lag).
The "Point with polar offset" is a horrible function, but GUI doesn't have a lot of easy replacements for it.

What you can change:

"Loop from 1 to X" - you can set the X to anything you want (it's the amount of pings).
You MUST change te "LoopInt x 36" as well if you do that! I set it to 36 because 36*10 = 360 (a complete circle).
So if you set it from 1-8, then it must be LoopInt x 45.

"Offset by 300.", you can set the 300 to anything you like (distance of the pings).

And the time of the pings of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.