• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoS Frozen Silver

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is aos map created by me.

There are 2 taverns at each races
Creeps are spawning all time
Max level is 25
Killing other hero you gain 750 gold
There are 5 shops

+ including AI

Custom ability and spells

+ including custom loading screen and custom minimap.

fixed=hero limit=1

Keywords:
aos.frozen
Contents

AoS Frozen Silver (Map)

Reviews
12:44, 31st Jul 2009 Linaze: Another AoS with poor terrain, blizzard abilities and memory leaks. The map presentation isn't good either, you should add more information about the gameplay and add some screenshots.

M

12:44, 31st Jul 2009
Linaze: Another AoS with poor terrain, blizzard abilities and memory leaks. The map presentation isn't good either, you should add more information about the gameplay and add some screenshots.

Level 1
this map, in my opinion, could use a ton of work.
for one thing, the whole AoS genre is overplayed, considering that the success of dota spawned hundreds of duplicates. however, i decided to check your map out.

pros:
-liked the fast fountain healing
-not many issues with map, could be more detailed, but fine otherwise
cons:
where to begin. to start off with, from what i played of this aos, there were not really enough custom spells. they were just ripped directly from the game, as were many of your heroes. the gameplay itself was frightening. in my first round against ai, they climbed 4 levels above me while sitting in the base, and proceeded to cause me to turn tail and run many times. however, the minute i got the mask of death, the tables turned. 50 bloody percent of my damage went into health, which totally imbalanced the game. the items were bland, all direct copies from the game, and there were so few - they barely made a difference. the units themselves were also imbalanced -the necromancers summons turned the tide of battle to the extent that even without the enemy hero in my lane, i could not push forward. units in aos's should be balanced, if not identical. also, the enemy fountains could heal you, completely defeating the whole purpose of a base.

all in all, i say this map is extremely lacking. not only that, but it doesn't even have a nugget of originality. swing and a miss, bud.

Level 2
Quick play through:

As red, your circle doesn't reach the Silverblade Tavern, can't choose from those three heroes.

Your description says creeps are spawning all the time, but they're still in waves. What's up? That's timed spawn, not constant.

Played as the Phantom Lancer, triple edge seems to hit more than three people. I got three-six strikes off sometimes. At one point I got stuck behind my own creeps, I got to hit two guys, killed a ghoul then teleported to the meatwagon and it was done. What's with the teleport anyway? It seems a bit erratic. At points I can just be walking and target someone and wham, I hit them. Others I have to land the killing blow to move on to another guy. Tried hitting the Eredar Warlock that spawned on the bottom with this and I kept teleporting around to the undead troops instead.

Why do the meat wagons fire mortar team shots? Hell, why do the ballistas?

What's with the item shops being so far from the base? Besides, having that few items means little choice, everyone will get close to the same stuff based on hero type. May want to increase selection.

The necromancers seem to summon a hell of a lot more than the druids. My lanes got raped pretty heavily without me. Maybe try making those abilities that don't require bodies, summon the monsters anyway, and have a longer cooldown? If you could have the units interrupt attacking to cast it too, that'd be cool.

Balance items with cost. 1k for mask fo death? I had that really early on, and 50% lifesteal is insane.

It's called the Ultimate Shop. Why are the orbs in there 400-550? And why is the orb of venom int he Night Elf shop?

The xp gain rate is insane. I got went from level five to six sitting in my base for a bit over a minute, I roughly timed it. And then it took me five minutes or so of creep killing to get from eleven to twelve.

What's with Drek's spellbook and the Bladebane armor being over 3k? They don't do that much. A teleport skill and 75 mana costs that much? And seven armor with +1 to creeps? It gave most of the creeps like, 4%. Whoopie. It gave me 16. Not that useful really.

Abominations have 170 more hp and 1 more max damage than druids of the claw and they spawn in similar numbers. Meat Wagons also do 6 more max damage.

Ended up losing as the skeletons overwhelmed the towers. Couldn't be in three lanes at once. Didn't even have an enemy AI player and I still lost.

Sooo, yeah. Some custom skills for the heroes, custom items, shops in the base so you don't need to run around, fixed creep balance, perhaps truth to your 'constant spawn' idea, and it should be a bit better.

Edit: Oh, and why do towers have heavy armor and not structure?

Another time through as the necromaster. Level three skills: Champion is the strongest field unit in the game. What the hell? Six skeleton archers from one corpse? Seriously? A six second stun? Reincarnation every 160 seconds? Bit OP. What must the others be like? >.>

Last edited:
Level 18
Here is my full review of the map:

Another AoS, nothing new in this style of maps.

The terrain is playable, and good anaugh to be accepted.

The game was kinda boring. The shops were placed stupid. To get to the shop you must take some time. You cannot do shopping for example after respawn or when healing. There is no big difference between normal skills and ultimates for some heroes. There is just greater number of towers, but it`s not big problem coz they are kinda balanced.

It`s playable... But as red I couldn`t buy hero in one of the taverns. Fix that. The very big minus is the number of items, there are only some of them, and ultimate shop isn`t so ultimate... Some spell descriptions are bad.

The description at Hive is poor, but plus for the map is Ai. So:
+1 point for AI
-1 point for description

So let`s count:
2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 0 = 8/25 = 32% = 1/5 and vote for rejection.

Overall it`s basic AoS map with nothing new.

- Add more items
- Make ultimates be something special
- Fix the bug that red cannot buy in tavern
- Balance a bit waves of creeps

Level 6

Review - Triggers

- everything is ordered, categorized and clearly shown

GENERAL:
- you created cheats. anyone can enter them without opening your map, cause they are VERY easy to guess.
- everything leaks
- remove these 0.01 waits
- remove "do nothing"-actions (cause they actually DO something)

INITIALIZATION:
- you created 5 (or more) triggers using the same event. just put them into one.

ABILITIES:
- your abilities leak and they all are not mui/mpi
- there are no waits below 0.27 seconds (trust me)
- use the "Unit - A Unit starts the effect of an ability" event instead of "Unit - A Unit starts casting an ability"
- create variables for your spells
--> to avoid leaks (but remove them with a custom script: "call RemoveLocation (udg_urvariable)")

all in all i HIGHLY recommend you to rework the whole map.

:fp:if you want to, i will try to do this for you.