• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] AoE 'healingwave' / Damage Opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
As the title says I've been trying to make an AoE that heals units within 400 yards and damages opponents within 400 yards aswell. I've gotten the damage and healing part to work, but as for the animations to work I haven't been succesful.

The AoE is supposed to shoot out a healingway (which doesn't jump further than it's first target) to each and every friendly target (and also enemy target for testing purposes). But it's my first time working with Dummies.

This is how the 'code' looks like anyhow:
  • Holy Judgement
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Judgement
    • Actions
      • Set HolyJudgementCaster = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set TempUnitGroup = (Units within 400.00 of HolyJudgementCaster matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an ally of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at HolyJudgementCaster facing 0.00 degrees
      • Unit - Add Healing Wave to (Last created unit)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + 500.00)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shadow Hunter - Healing Wave (Picked unit)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Heal\HealTarget.mdl
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempUnitGroup)
      • Set TempUnitGroup = (Units within 400.00 of HolyJudgementCaster matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an ally of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to False))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Divine
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shadow Hunter - Healing Wave (Picked unit)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\CarrionSwarm\CarrionSwarmDamage.mdl
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempUnitGroup)
      • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
The 'Orc Shadow Hunter - Healing Wave' is the one I've modified to NOT bounch to the next enemy nor do anything, just the visual effect. Please help me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
I did as you said with the backswing point, anyhow this doesn't seem to have been the only problem. As I am new to Dummies I think the "order"-part about it is what I've done wrongm but can't come up with anything myself.

Level 3
I've got both. The unit has 10,000 mana, both initial and max value. And the spell costs 0 mana anyhow.

I've edited the ability called 'Chain Lightning' in the Object Editor to do the healingwave effect I wanted. Is it really
that's supposed to be used after that? seems kind of lame to just have the preset abilities to choose from.

Level 3
Thank you so very much, worked perfectly. I used your 'setup' so to speak but made it fit into my trigger.

One question though, is the 'Ability preloader'-unit important? I assume it's there to reduce lag once the spell is cast.

Level 3
When I started to mod your trigger and so it wouldn't work. And I can't find the problem, this is going on my nerves :)

Anyhow, this is how the trigger looks like now:
  • Holy Judgement
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Judgement (Ultimate)
    • Actions
      • -------- Initialize Variables --------
      • Set HolyJudgementCasterPos = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set HolyJudgementCaster = (Casting unit)
      • -------- Surrounding Special Effect --------
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of HolyJudgementCaster using Abilities\Spells\Orc\HealingWave\HealingWaveTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (HolyJudgementCasterPos offset by 400.00 towards 0.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (HolyJudgementCasterPos offset by 400.00 towards 40.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (HolyJudgementCasterPos offset by 400.00 towards 80.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (HolyJudgementCasterPos offset by 400.00 towards 120.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (HolyJudgementCasterPos offset by 400.00 towards 160.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (HolyJudgementCasterPos offset by 400.00 towards 200.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (HolyJudgementCasterPos offset by 400.00 towards 240.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (HolyJudgementCasterPos offset by 400.00 towards 280.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (HolyJudgementCasterPos offset by 400.00 towards 320.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • -------- Heal or Damage Nearby Units --------
      • -------- Also Special Effects --------
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup =true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 400.00 of (Position of HolyJudgementCaster)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • -------- Initialize Dummy --------
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of HolyJudgementCaster) at (HolyJudgementCasterPos offset by (0.00, 0.00)) facing 0.00 degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) is A structure) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an ally of (Owner of HolyJudgementCaster)) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Add Holy Judgement Heal (Dummy) to (Last created unit)
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Heal\HealTarget.mdl
                  • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + (((Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for HolyJudgementCaster))) + 1.00) x (Real((Intelligence of HolyJudgementCaster (Include bonuses))))))
                • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Add Holy Judgement Heal (Dummy) to (Last created unit)
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\CarrionSwarm\CarrionSwarmDamage.mdl
                  • Unit - Cause HolyJudgementCaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (((Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for HolyJudgementCaster))) + 1.00) x (Real((Intelligence of HolyJudgementCaster (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Divine
            • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.