• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Anyway to make a reverse aura?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Looking for an aura that will reverse all effects of any other aura that the enemy has, so that a speed boost would be a speed reduction, and things like that.

Level 3
You mean the whole if this then this, kind of trigger? I was hoping there would be a simpler way for if I wanted to use it agian and agian... Like a way to edit a aura so it does all of that.

Level 3
Yeah, I could probally just make an arua each that does the opposite of every other aura that everyone has as an ulti or something because that would be alot of auras going on eachother, if that is possible, I'm guessing I could use triggers to give him multiable auras ontop of the one I give him

Level 27
Here's why this is a very NOT GOOD idea.
- You need one unit for each level of each aura your enemies you could possibly have.
- You need one ability for each level of each aura your enemies you could possibly have.
You need massive amounts of triggers all for one spell, and the final outcome is:
A massive waste of time for a decent spell.
As far as my knowledge goes.
--donut3.5--

Level 3
But it would be a fun skill, making an aura that drained mana from you, but also got rid of every aura around you, infact screwed them up, so their aura hurt them...

Level 3
... no, Ramza's making perfect sense, though possibly not too clear. Here's an example:

Edit abilities and select "Devotion Aura". Where it says "Level 1 - Data - Armor Bonus" hold down the shift key and double-click that value. Since you held down shift, you can type in negative numbers.

When you pick Devotion Aura in the game, it will now reduce armor instead of improve armor. Try it with other auras, though it may not work for all of them. I just tested it on the one mentioned here.

Level 27
The only issue is that you will have to double the effect; making it the same only adding a negative will only nullify, not reverse it.
But yeah. You would have to have about 2 or 3 auras for this to not be too much work, in which case it is very close to obsolete.
I wish there was a way...
maybe a JASS way... but iunno.
--donut3.5--

Level 3
Ahh, I misunderstood his question it seems.

Yeah, you would need triggers for that aura. And if you looked for both positive and negative auras, that would be a huge headache. In that case, just stick to positive auras. Those are the default ones anyway.

Level 3
At least now I am getting a bit better at triggers and stuff, this could be all made into one trigger if I took the time, but I would need alot of if/then/else, ands, and ors @.o Bah alot of work... Too bad I don't know anything about JASS

Status
Not open for further replies.