• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anyone knows how to make this ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Help me please...

I've tried and tried like a hundred times, but it seems everytime i've changed it, another error appear...
Im trying to make a dota-like abilities called "Feast".. can someone please help me?
Regenerates a portion of enemy's current HP and deals the same portion per attack. (Only occurs when the attack is really hit)
Level 1 - 4%
Level 2 - 5%
Level 3 - 6%
Level 4 - 7%
• Does not work on Structure and BOSS.
• Works against magic immune units.
• The heal is independent of the damage.

Level 12
I think I get what he means.
Do you mean something like this:

Unit A has 1000 hp
Unit B atacks unit A and (gona ignore base dmg in the example) the ability deals 4% of unit A's hp (1000*0.04)
Now unit A has 960hp and unit B gets healed for 40hp.
Unit B atacks unit A and the ability deals 4% of unit A's hp (960*0.04)
Now unit A has 922hp and unit B gets healed for 38hp
And so on...

Level 17
so something like this?

• Spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacked unit) is A Hero) Not equal to True
      • ((Attacked unit) is A structure) Not equal to True
      • (Level of Acid Bomb for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Set percentage = ((Level of Acid Bomb for (Attacking unit)) + 3)
      • Set hp_perc = ((Life of (Triggering unit)) x ((Real(percentage)) / 100.00))
      • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) - hp_perc)
      • Unit - Set life of (Attacking unit) to ((Life of (Attacking unit)) + hp_perc)

Level 9
so something like this?

• Spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) - hp_perc)

Close but not enought.

• Init
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit is under atack
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add (Unit - Triggering unit takes damage) event to Spell<gen>.
      • Unit Group - Add Triggering unit to Test_Group
  • Spell
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Damage Source in Test_Group
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Remove triggering unit from Test_Group
      • Trigger - Remove curent event from this trigger
Of course remove from unit group is needed only if you got some kind of retraining in game.

Level 17
Close but not enought.

• Init
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit is under atack
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add (Unit - Triggering unit takes damage) event to Spell<gen>.
      • Unit Group - Add Triggering unit to Test_Group
  • Spell
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Damage Source in Test_Group
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Remove triggering unit from Test_Group
      • Trigger - Remove curent event from this trigger
Of course remove from unit group is needed only if you got some kind of retraining in game.
*also u cant remove event from trigger and this event not exist *A unit is under atack* :p
acctually then better to use gui damage engine :p that the best way but acctually i just showed the methode since for this dont need to know the damage amount coz we modify the hp

Level 9
Its matter of my knowlage about english. Unit is under attack means for me same as:

-Unit is attacked.
-Unit is target of attack
-Unit is target of hit
etc.

In my translation all those "events" looks like the same. SO: just translate it for your own as you wish.

You got point there that we no need to know damage. But he said that it should work only when damage are taken. With your trigger R-click + could break event best tanks. :)

Level 17
Its matter of my knowlage about english. Unit is under attack means for me same as:

-Unit is attacked.
-Unit is target of attack
-Unit is target of hit
etc.

In my translation all those "events" looks like the same. SO: just translate it for your own as you wish.

You got point there that we no need to know damage. But he said that it should work only when damage are taken. With your trigger R-click + could break event best tanks. :)

i think unit is attacked is fired out when unit attack and not when u right click...

unit is attacked != unit is targeted with right click (this is unit order target unit thing where order string=smart or attack)

its work well until u dont got curse or something and dont miss ur hits.

u add trigger event when u cant remove and idk but maybe kinda weird if at each attack u +1 event at end could be alot,no?, also add unit to group then u must pick all unit in group

Level 9
I see that you can't understand what I am talking about. Play with friend Island Defense. Satyr vs Titan. At some point you can get kind of divine shiled. While useing it with Wind Walk its effect not get removed. As you are at this state you can just R-Click on Titan and pressing button. This way your unit will not shown up and by that type of triggers you will get 1000000 gold WITHOUT dealing damage (Skill idea is +4g per hit). With that trigger you can breake life under 50% with easy.

Level 17
I see that you can't understand what I am talking about. Play with friend Island Defense. Satyr vs Titan. At some point you can get kind of divine shiled. While useing it with Wind Walk its effect not get removed. As you are at this state you can just R-Click on Titan and pressing button. This way your unit will not shown up and by that type of triggers you will get 1000000 gold WITHOUT dealing damage (Skill idea is +4g per hit). With that trigger you can breake life under 50% with easy.

if u talk about a map, what got unknow damage detection solution or systems not the best ideea also since we dont know what abilities he use maybe there dont ahve problem

also ur solution got few hole, the damage detection systems was made with a bit different way and dont with makeing a new event for each attack, maybe to each unit only 1 event but for each attack +1 event could be mad

if u want work with 100% accurated system then need gui damage system
and insert my if to set damage trigger like in another post, here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2106245-post8.html

Status
Not open for further replies.