1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Anyone brave enough to make a DRAGON?

Discussion in 'Requests' started by cheesdude, Aug 26, 2005.

1. cheesdude

cheesdude

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am making a map called 'Rise of the dragon Lords open rpg'.
    So i am alooking for a dragon model.The reason i cannot use the warcraft 3 dragons i because they really suck.
    I need a that walks on land,has huge wings,long neck( so he looks like a real dragon not the stuff blizzard made)
    And if you think of something that would make him loook coller be my guest and add it.

OK you think why should i make it for him?I got enough work already!
    OK as an apreciatiion for the model you will be given atleast 15% of the map credit(pretty much dont you think)

Ok if you are thinking of or plannin on makig the model inform me right now right here!

2. archimonde_lich

archimonde_lich

Resources:
    Resources:
    i might b interested but i need to fix some software issues on my pc. once thats done i can make the model, i need some reference tho, like images of what u want it to look like and animation details etc...
    also for the textures, i prefer if u had someone do it but i am capable of making textures (not too amazing ones lol) and for that i need to know what color u want which parts of the dragon etc etc etc... but that comes after the model is finished and before i make the animations.

3. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lol, i started mine 3 days ago. All from scratch.
    heres some shots, not finished yet though. He's lots of poly though, I think about 2000 poly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I havent alphad and gave him teeth yet. So when i am fin he will have better wings and teeth. should be done within a week. MAYBE!

4. cheesdude

cheesdude

Resources:
    Resources:
    Exellent work werewolf i like that model.The only thing you should now about him is change him to like color green or black.Cause i never seen brown dragons.Then give him some claws cause it seemes wrong without em.Then when u making the wings make them lil bigger.Also make then like bat's wings.I should say thats pretty much it.
    Oh ya and also add little spikes on his spine if you can.

5. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was gonig to do all the things u said but I was a friad I might get He's poly too high, and when i put him up people would complain about the poly. Well, I see what I can do, let's hope he works out and that I dont trash him like my dinosuar one.

6. Metal_Sonic

Metal_Sonic

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    What do you mean warcraft dragons suck? THeir model is fine, and I think there is a land dragon model somewhere around here, just download that for a ground dragon.

7. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lol, there's 2 land dragons, mine and this other guys. Look up dracle. The dracles better than the other guys cuz the other guz drag takes 5 for him attack and the walk anim is back wards, lol.

8. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Werewulf, if you could wrap that to use the ingame dragon skin, you would rock

9. N00byStance

N00byStance

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Werewulf, this one you are making in Milkshape? ;)

10. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lol, this one looks gay now, I cleaned him up alot! I'll show u laters.

11. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    K, Still havnt added teeth and alpha on wings but this is some screenshots of he's animes:
    He will have:
    Stand 1
    Stand 2
    Stand 3
    Stand 4
    Stand Ready
    Stand Victory
    Attack 1
    Attack 2
    Attack 3
    Walk
    Spell
    Birth
    Death
    Decay flesh
    Decay Bone
    Here Are soem shots of he's anims.
    Stand Ready:
    [​IMG]
    Stand 4
    [​IMG]
    Attack 2
    [​IMG]
    I'v spent a total of 8+hours straght on him. So people better be thankful for all the effort I put in him when I submit him. Hope I dont wreck him when i export...

12. N00byStance

N00byStance

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wait... So it isn't exported yet? Well, be sure you gonna spend atleast more 8+ hours with it ;)

13. cheesdude

cheesdude

Resources:
    Resources:
    I guess i cant say anything then that model is the greatest thing i've ever seen.

14. cata01

cata01

Resources:
    Resources:
  15. cheesdude

cheesdude

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cata that dragon tottaly sucks and im not sure if that image is even real dude.Anyway u cant tell werewolf how his dragon should like....

16. N00byStance

N00byStance

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, that dragon doesn't suck. It's pretty good 8)

17. migB

migB

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    It's a pretty cool dragon.

If you want to spend more time polishing it, I would advice you to make the claws a bit shorter.
    And do something about the legs.
    The front legs should be at the same length as the back legs, with the back legs being a bit more muscular.
    Just a suggestion :roll:

18. cheesdude

cheesdude

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree it's just my opinion,sorry cata.

19. camel's_hump

camel's_hump

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    the dragon looks good overall, pretty good skin, good model and animations. the only problem is his front legs look a little long especially in stand 4. maybe thats just the animation stretching it out or maybe its just me.

also can you animate humanoids?

20. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    that dragons cool fo its style but the filter used is smoothend at 20x. lol reminds me of the prog I usta use. DAm i need that prog bad.
    Well now..I patching him up. Some of he's anims are gone abit yuk(cuz of the exporter) but they wont do to much damage. Now all I have to do is get him to work ingame (i cant get him to show up!!) and fix the textures the geosets attach to then fix the geoset anims with the corpse.