• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any news? :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, hey Jumbo,
as you might or no might have read on discord zwieb said "the project is on hiatus until reforged releases"
I'll guess we have to wait for blizzard

Level 10
He's not really going to be able to do much until warcraft 3 reforged is released. There will be so many changes to the editor it will require Zwiebel I'm sure to change many core elements about the game itself and would be little effort to work further on the map and have to change it later. We are mostly just waiting for blizzard at this point :( (At least to my understanding)

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Yeah, makes sense. It's just so sad to rely on a company that due to years of mismanagement isn't that reliable anymore. I'm talking about the soulless games they've been making, starting with Starcraft 2 and the damage to their economy and reputation as a result.
Actually I'm very concerned for Gaias, but hope all the best of course.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Don't worry. Once Reforged sparks some new interest in WC3, I will be more than willing to continue working on it. I'm not sure how exactly the reforged version will look like at this point (I actually consider rebuilding the game's content from scratch as the core visuals of the map might look outdated with reforged), but I'm positive that I can make it fun.

I also like to do more with the procedural content generation in the future versions, but it really depends on what tools I will have available at that time.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
My dream would be procedually generated terrain for parts of the big landscape zones. This will make every playthrough fresh, while still keeping the major plot, hub and boss zones intact (i.e. permanent in whatever version you make them final in).
RMG for big forest zones for instance will feel amazing - like a real forest you can actually get lost in (though not at the scale of a real forest obviously). Think Schwarzwald or something. You Germans are the masters of lush, mysterious (RPG) forests, in my opinion, so this can only be epic.(you got this heritage at least since Caspar David Friedrich, and due to your amazing nature). Keeping important parts of zones intact will make the entire map design a jigsaw with some permanent pieces to keep it all together and some randomized ones to spice it up.

I'd say also increase zone size by around 20% for outdoor levelling zones. We need to erase the pain of waiting for respawns for a simple quest or even forcing people to play together. Think of how if you miss one quest mob atm, you may have to slow your allies down by waiting for respawns - very unimmersive and not very fluid. To spice things up, add more randomized events like normal mobs patrolling (wolf pack/bandit group/razormane/magnathaur/etc).
Finally, keep the limit of 5-6 people in the dungeons, but - maybe with a party system - allow player limit to increase to 12 or more for a living multiplayer RPG environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.