• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Anti blocking trigger for mazing TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Is it a TD or a Maul? Td's don't need that kind of trigger because the player can't build in the path of the men. The way it works in a Maul is if you tell the men to 'Move' to the end of the maul, they will automatically not attack unless blocked. (Then they automatically attack)

Level 11
Will the only trigger I can think of is a trigger that sets them back to there original path. When a unit attacks wait 10 seconds and then order the attacking unit to move to the end point.

Level 11
For that you would need a periodic timer, and then you'd need to add a counter to every unit. I think that would end up being a rather massive waste of resources. However if thats what you want, it would work. Except.. It wouldn't. When they're stopped they won't have the order 'stop' they'll still be executing the order 'move'. If they are blocked by enemy units, they will begin to execute the order 'attack'.

Level 11
Not if the blocking unit is an enemy. Then it automaticlly attacks. So only if someone who was an ally to the wave blocked would the unit stop. Is that likely to happen? NO. The only time the unit would stop is AFTER the complete destruction of everything in its way (after something blocked it) or after its completed its route.

Level 11
That exactly what it does automatically. And since its either attacking/moving it never STOPS. Ever.

This is the way a movement command works:
1. Walk on specified path.
2. If theres an obstacle, go around it
3. If there is no way to get around it then
-----a. If obstacle is neutral/allied stop/spin in circles
-----b. Else if obstacle is enemy ATTACK

This is why I don't think its necessary to make triggers to enhance the anti-block. This is also why counting how long every unit stops and doing something if they stop too long won't work. However I'm sure there are other ways of triggering it. Perhaps massive clutter up? Maybe a maze block detection system which counts the buildings across?

Level 7
you are incorrect, and dealing false information wd40.

I tested this out (with no triggers) and the units walked fine, till they ran into my line of towers and "stopped".

Problem is, they dont stop, per say, they are still being issued the order to move and will continue to try moving towards the location, or as close as possible. Until an obstacle is removed, they will remain there but they arent stopped, thus they dont attack. I already check and yes the enemies can attack my towers (when they are stopped) and they ARE enemies in the game.

I still need a trigger for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.