• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anti-Blocking Maze Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Does anybody know how to write these or make them? I'm trying to make a TD where mazing will be permitted and I have no experience in the field.

If you only provide a link or a map (unprotected) with one inside of it I'd be really grateful! :)

Thanks in advance, ~13lack

Level 19
Ive thought a LOT about this before and the solution I found is promising (never tried it though)
Anyway Periodicly you send a unit with windwalk to pass the maze
As it has wind walk it will walk over other creeps and as its invisible towers wont attack it
And you'll check Periodicly if those units have stop order currently
If they have stop order that means they are forced to stop by a block. Then you explode towers around them
And if they reach ending point you remove them

Problems: Im not sure if a unit wind windwalk will also walk over a building so if it does that system cant work

You could use this (although there probably are better ways...)
  • Maze Trigger
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type "Your Creep") and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To (Center of "Your Goal")
Or...

If your goal is for the units to be able to pass through eachother, set their "Pathing - "Collision Size"" to 0.

Level 31
The most proficient way (not efficient way) that'll instantly detect a block (doesn't even need units) is to go through the towers.

The map must have a virtual grid defined on it for this method to work though. It's the method I use and as I said it's instant and prevents them from blocking period in any way shape or form ;p.

With this method you can set your blocking things so that you can prevent specific types of mazes from begin done as well. Really up to you.

I only suggest this method if you are experienced with JASS Code and are good at problem solving : ).

You could have triggers that check stuff. (hehe isn't that a wonderfully descriptive idea?)
Like everytime a player builds a building send a unit with no model that runs really fast through his maze. If the unit ever stops destroy last created tower and refund. It would need windwalk though. Windwalk lets it through units but not buildings. No collison lets it through everything, including cliffs and water.

Status
Not open for further replies.