• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Anonymous UDP packets through my parent proxy? Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Is it possible to route a UDP packet anonymously through my proxy? In here, we cannot access the internet without that proxy, and I'm watching TV here in my PC via a UDP-based software but cannot access it because it goes through that proxy. I am using TOR to play some online games via that proxy. My question is, is there a tunneling software that supports UDP? Because TOR does not support UDP connections, I've searched google but there are many but all of them are not in GUI form which gives me a hard time to use.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Tunnelling UDP should be as easy as forwarding a data packet.

The problem is a lot of DRM managed content use certificates that are designed to detect MitM (a proxy). Additionally if you are too deeply in NATs there can be problems resolving which machine a UDP packet is intended for as they only have the IPv4 address to go by.

What is stopping you disabling the proxy completely and just using it as a gateway? Proxies are usually only used to change the origin of a connection (so blocked websites can be accessed without moving from a country), to block specified content such as adverts, to perform packet modifications and analysis or to provide caching (which large organizations and some ISPs are required by law to reduce bandwidth consumption).

Level 9
Tunnelling UDP should be as easy as forwarding a data packet.

The problem is a lot of DRM managed content use certificates that are designed to detect MitM (a proxy). Additionally if you are too deeply in NATs there can be problems resolving which machine a UDP packet is intended for as they only have the IPv4 address to go by.

What is stopping you disabling the proxy completely and just using it as a gateway? Proxies are usually only used to change the origin of a connection (so blocked websites can be accessed without moving from a country), to block specified content such as adverts, to perform packet modifications and analysis or to provide caching (which large organizations and some ISPs are required by law to reduce bandwidth consumption).

But if we don't use our parent proxy here, no data will be sent nor received. I'm wondering if there are UDP alternatives for TCP-based tunneling apps like Ultrasurf and TOR. :vw_wtf:

I've tried PingFu UDP and AutoTunnel GG from ArtOfPing but none of them worked. :goblin_wtf:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.