• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Annoying Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys! I'm not 100% sure about where to post this so, i'll just post it here.
I've created a map. At the moment so is it ready for it's beta test, i've run 1 or 2 so far. Found a couple of bugs and such. Last time i tried it was yesturday. And now to the problem -
Today when i hosted the map(I didn't change it at all since last time) people downloaded it as usual, but when they hit 100 they got instantly kicked without any reason at all. I do not use any kind of bot programs or any such stuff. It just randomly kicked them. So i asked my friend(Who already had downloaded it) to join the game. He got instantly kicked too!
I restarted warcraft, tried to host it again and the same problem came.
I tried to restart the internet crap but once again the problem appeard.
When i checked my map i couldn't find any problems AT ALL.

So i wonder, does anyone of you guys know how to solve this problem?
(I've never had this problem before.)

Level 2
The problem sounds too generic and so might be the solution for now. Try telling us more about the coding aspect of it. I don't get the 'when they hit 100' part: is it a problem from the site itself or the hosting part?

When i host the map on batte.net and their download gets to 100 (a.k.a complete) they get instantly kicked.

Level 2
The map could possibly be too big to host, but i doubt thats the problem. Have you imported anything aka. a preview screen or something??

I cant really think about a solution as your problem is "to generic" like Pharaoh

It's not even close too big to host(2099 kB only). And when i created the map so did i decide to fix with custom screens later on and rather beta test it first.

Level 2
Rename the Map File Name, Sometimes a long file name makes it unplayable by many.

Shouldn't make any difference since i hosted this map with the same name before.
Anyhow, i'm going to try this now.

EDIT: Lol, i can't believe it actually worked! Thanks guys for helping me! Special thanks to you hellbreed :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.