1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Anime Brawl (Passing the map)

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Saishy, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Saishy

Saishy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think I will never finish my map, so I'm looking for someone to finish it for me.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/anime-brawl-67416/

The map its almost fully working now, have creep AI, bases, change owner, capture system, multiboard, only missing some items.

But still needs the tweaks to be a real game, like the base starts with low hp/armor and every capture increases them, and the start messsage, and other things.

Well, I'm just looking for someone to take it for me, so in the end I can choose nobody or I can finish the map by myself.

But its always worth a try, don't?

2. RaijinSpark

RaijinSpark

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    u lack models =.= and some other stuff..

i can finish it if you like...

3. Saishy

Saishy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I lack models? Why do you say that, sir?
    (If its about the first 3 ones, its because the blizz model are actually more alike the characters than the custom models itself (which are horrible), mindfuck)

Anyway, I gave up passing the map (mostly because I couldn't find anyone to pass it) and I'm changing basically the entire unit system.

Whats new?

Heroes:
    - Attributes don't affect the hero anymore
    - All heroes start with 1 on each attribute.
    - They still get attribute with levels.
    - Spells are affected by your hero's stats

Mana:
    - All heroes have 100 mana.
    - Mana regen at a fair rate.
    - This allow heroes to spam their skills if they need, but makes them out of combat when abused.

Items:
    - There are no boots (they just take away your inventory space).
    - There are no pure stats items.
    - Most items give hp, since str don't give hp anymore.
    - Your hero is highly customizable, because stats don't matter in a fight.

Now, I'm trying to make epic ultimates, and failing.

4. RaijinSpark

RaijinSpark

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    and why?

So it will be harder for them to level up when they are weak

Good idea i must say..

Doesn't matter :p i can make advance inventory system (15-slot inventory)

Yep, a good idea..

You do not need to worry on models i got 2000 anime models on my folder..

[400+ Naruto]
    [100+ Bleach]
    [100+ One Piece]
    [50+ Fate/Stay Night]
    [150+ Dragonball]
    [800+ Anime Missiles, Special Effect and Buff]
    [300+ for others]

5. Saishy

Saishy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Because stats are something which you cannot change, so you can buy a "Int" hero and still buy +HP items for it, so it will be more tanky, but his spells will lack firepower. Its a win/lose balance.
    Oh no, they start with a nice hp, and don't need to worry since mana regen fast, and they can still buy items on the start.
    Also, all the spells have a fixed damage portion, so they can still fight even without stats. (also this make the player more likely to get all spells lvl 1 before focusing on one spell)

---------------------------

Thank you for your interest, how is your vjass knowledge?
    I really need help to speed up revamping the spells codes.

6. RaijinSpark

RaijinSpark

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I see.. so this is about strategy and skills?

Sounds ok for me, as long as they can fight at start even if they are still weak.

Still learning, i need more knowledge about it..

as for now... i'm trying to learn conversion of GUI and JASS converting GUI to JASS and vice versa.

7. Saishy

Saishy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh yeah, me and my friend are gamers, but we do'nt just play, we research and compare and have played most onlines games, I study game design and he psychology so we discuss a lot about what a game must offer and what the player expects.

One thing I'm trying to acomplish is, you must do what you want to do, what is that?
    When you wanna tank, you CAN'T die in 2s, its completely stupid, you wasted time, thought about it, bought the items, so you should BE a tank.

So I really wanna give the player that feeling, that everyone is usefull.

---------------------------------

Oh, I don't know if I said, but the map is not a hero arena anymore, its a "base wars", its a kind of Dota, but with more than just 2 bases.
    As you capture the bases (which are anime cities), they become yours and starts producing creeps to fight for you, they go towards the next city till the main enemy city is destroyed.

Anyway, I would love you if you had a Negi Springfield (from negima) model
    :p

8. pkw

pkw

Resources:
    Resources:
    O_O you're passing this map >.> how could you O_O