• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anime Brawl (Passing the map)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I think I will never finish my map, so I'm looking for someone to finish it for me.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/anime-brawl-67416/

The map its almost fully working now, have creep AI, bases, change owner, capture system, multiboard, only missing some items.

But still needs the tweaks to be a real game, like the base starts with low hp/armor and every capture increases them, and the start messsage, and other things.

Well, I'm just looking for someone to take it for me, so in the end I can choose nobody or I can finish the map by myself.

But its always worth a try, don't?

Level 12
u lack models =.= and some other stuff..

i can finish it if you like...
I lack models? Why do you say that, sir?
(If its about the first 3 ones, its because the blizz model are actually more alike the characters than the custom models itself (which are horrible), mindfuck)

Anyway, I gave up passing the map (mostly because I couldn't find anyone to pass it) and I'm changing basically the entire unit system.

Whats new?

Heroes:
- Attributes don't affect the hero anymore
- All heroes start with 1 on each attribute.
- They still get attribute with levels.
- Spells are affected by your hero's stats

Mana:
- All heroes have 100 mana.
- Mana regen at a fair rate.
- This allow heroes to spam their skills if they need, but makes them out of combat when abused.

Items:
- There are no boots (they just take away your inventory space).
- There are no pure stats items.
- Most items give hp, since str don't give hp anymore.
- Your hero is highly customizable, because stats don't matter in a fight.

Now, I'm trying to make epic ultimates, and failing.

Level 19
- Attributes don't affect the hero anymore

and why?

- All heroes start with 1 on each attribute.

So it will be harder for them to level up when they are weak

- Spells are affected by your hero's stats

Good idea i must say..

- There are no boots (they just take away your inventory space).

Doesn't matter :p i can make advance inventory system (15-slot inventory)

- Your hero is highly customizable, because stats don't matter in a fight.

Yep, a good idea..

You do not need to worry on models i got 2000 anime models on my folder..

[400+ Naruto]
[100+ Bleach]
[100+ One Piece]
[50+ Fate/Stay Night]
[150+ Dragonball]
[800+ Anime Missiles, Special Effect and Buff]
[300+ for others]

Level 12
Because stats are something which you cannot change, so you can buy a "Int" hero and still buy +HP items for it, so it will be more tanky, but his spells will lack firepower. Its a win/lose balance.
So it will be harder for them to level up when they are weak
Oh no, they start with a nice hp, and don't need to worry since mana regen fast, and they can still buy items on the start.
Also, all the spells have a fixed damage portion, so they can still fight even without stats. (also this make the player more likely to get all spells lvl 1 before focusing on one spell)

---------------------------

Thank you for your interest, how is your vjass knowledge?
I really need help to speed up revamping the spells codes.

Level 19
Because stats are something which you cannot change, so you can buy a "Int" hero and still buy +HP items for it, so it will be more tanky, but his spells will lack firepower. Its a win/lose balance.

I see.. so this is about strategy and skills?

Oh no, they start with a nice hp, and don't need to worry since mana regen fast, and they can still buy items on the start.
Also, all the spells have a fixed damage portion, so they can still fight even without stats. (also this make the player more likely to get all spells lvl 1 before focusing on one spell)

Sounds ok for me, as long as they can fight at start even if they are still weak.

Thank you for your interest, how is your vjass knowledge?
I really need help to speed up revamping the spells codes.

Still learning, i need more knowledge about it..

as for now... i'm trying to learn conversion of GUI and JASS converting GUI to JASS and vice versa.

Level 12
Oh yeah, me and my friend are gamers, but we do'nt just play, we research and compare and have played most onlines games, I study game design and he psychology so we discuss a lot about what a game must offer and what the player expects.

One thing I'm trying to acomplish is, you must do what you want to do, what is that?
When you wanna tank, you CAN'T die in 2s, its completely stupid, you wasted time, thought about it, bought the items, so you should BE a tank.

So I really wanna give the player that feeling, that everyone is usefull.

---------------------------------

Oh, I don't know if I said, but the map is not a hero arena anymore, its a "base wars", its a kind of Dota, but with more than just 2 bases.
As you capture the bases (which are anime cities), they become yours and starts producing creeps to fight for you, they go towards the next city till the main enemy city is destroyed.

Anyway, I would love you if you had a Negi Springfield (from negima) model
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.