• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Animations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I am creating a combo system for my map, it works like this :

When a unit attacks(Custom attack, uses the channel ability) he can use another ability, lets call it "Combo". When the unit casts the Combo ability I use :

• Combo
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Combo
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s attack slam animation
The problem is that the animation does not play, the unit just stands there(sometimes it just freezes the unit animation and resets it when I order it to move)

I tried using different abilities like channel, berserk, windwalk, ect. Still gives me the same problem.

The combo's are passive hero abilities(Your hero has an attack ability, a combo ability and the passive combo's.) When using the combo ability, the unit preforms an attack based on the different abilities leveled. So I can't set an animation to the combo ability.

So my question is how to play an animation of a unit, considering what I have mentioned above.

Thanks in advance. +REP

Level 17
Playing the animation just like this works :

• Combo
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Combo
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s attack slam animation
The problem is that when the unit uses the attack ability, it plays the unit's attack animation. The attack animation is actually still playing, then it has to play the other animation(attack slam), but it doesn't.

Can it be due to the channel animation? I use the channel ability for the combo ability. And i set the animation for the channel ability to none(making it null just plays the units spell ability)

Status
Not open for further replies.