• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Download the oinkerwinkle animation transfer program from somewhere, then use the model of which you want the most animations, remove the ones you want to take from others and then use the tool to transfer the animations you want from other models to your model. Be aware though that if the bones not fit together or some other issues happen, that not all animations can be made fitting in one model!

Level 14
Download the oinkerwinkle animation transfer program from somewhere, then use the model of which you want the most animations, remove the ones you want to take from others and then use the tool to transfer the animations you want from other models to your model. Be aware though that if the bones not fit together or some other issues happen, that not all animations can be made fitting in one model!
for some reason, oinkerwinkle animation transfer doesn't ever work for me.
I often transfer the animations manually via mdlvis by copying the bones from old mesh to a new one.

Level 23
^ Maybe you forget, when you do single animation tranfser, you need to reconvert the model to mdx to make it work again.
More likely it's Oinkerwinkle's Visual Basic 6 tools just not functioning on modern computers.

I whipped up a modern version of AnimTransfer using Magos' MDXLib (it does all the hard work), so maybe I should dust that off and finish it...

and you have to rename the bones, otherwise the anim is screwed up anyways. :vw_sad: Alternatively, you can change it in Magos at each bone seperately. Just open up the bone in Node Manager and change translations and rotations, i.e. CnP them to your model and then maybe change a bit the values for making it fit your model. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.