• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with goblin model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I made this goblin in Oinkerwinkle's vertexmodify tool. It's a mix between the goblin sapper body and the goblin alchemist head. I need to know 2 things.. 1) How do I get the unwrap for this model
2) How can I make the head stay on in the animations?

Attachments

• GoblinSapper.mdx
    120.4 KB · Views: 79
Level 27
1.) The unwrap of each Geoset can be used with Oinkerwinkle's VM by going up to Tool, and UV Mapping. I don't like Oinkerwinkle's, but meh. I think its the best free one.
2.) Attach the new geoset to a bone using Oinkerwinkle's Geoset Merger. Select the base, the geoset, and then the bone to attach it to.
--donut3.5--

Level 9
Um... you think you could help me with that? I'm really not all too sure about how to do that. I attached the mdl and the mdx
EDIT: I did what you sai and now he only has 1 bone... so animations won't work and I don't know how to fix this....
EDIT2:Okay... I managed to do everything and it works fine.. well kinda... there's still two problems
1) His head shows up red and there is no texture for it to use and I can't find the unwrap even though i did what you told me to do with the "Tool, UV Mapping" So I'll attach the new model if you could take a look for me.
2) He's not centered and when I try to center him, his animations get all freaky.
(Newest version is Sapgineer.mdx)

Attachments

• GoblinSapper.mdl
    323 KB · Views: 85
  • Sapgineer.mdx
    121.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Level 7
did you try looking at these sites?

part1 of tutorial
http://www.oinkerwinkle.com/tools/tutorialheadswitch1.html

part2 of tutorial
http://www.oinkerwinkle.com/tools/tutorialheadswitch2.html

i hope that helps

*edit* i did this by following the tutorial and they turned out perfect, animations work for the head and the textures are in place.
FootmanKnightSide.jpg

FootmanKnight.jpg

Last edited:
Level 9
Thanks I redid the model and it works fine now... (I followed that tutorial) Thank you so much. BTW... I used the goblin worker model from wc3campaigns... it was originally blizzard's model , but centered + he didn't say not to eit it w/o permission so... I guess it's fine. If you want me to, I'll attach the model, I'm still gonna give him a different weapon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.