• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anasterian Sunstrider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Hello Everybody! Recently, I'm working on a campaign, It's called Fall of Quel'thalas and I also do some models for it. Well, It's a High Elf campaign so why forget their king? So I made a model for King Anasterian but I still need suggestions, ideas, or comments on how to improve this model and how this can be ready for release.

Also, his sword, Felo'melorn haven't yet appeared in ANY sources from Blizzard, so this is a place to discuss how can his sword will be done. So here's the first WIP I will show:

Anasterian2.jpg

Link to campaign thread:Fall of Quel'thalas

Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 25
I have no much to say, this is awesome. But you could make the symbol in the middle more golden, since he's the king, a bigger cape, like the Blood Mage's one, and maybe a crown?
Good luck with this, happy map making :)

Right! Crown, Thanks! Do you think white hair will look nice? Also, what should I do? make it more purple? more white? or more golden/yellow. BTW, Thanks!I'll try to make a crown.

Level 18
Anasterian Sunstrider, huh. No-one ever thought to make a model of him, including me. So please do finish it. ^^

Good start, though I don't like the Priest texture for a face, it's just too cartoonish. A crown is definitely needed, and golden + blue would very much look regal on him. He needs more slender proportions and animations though. I suggest Warden animations mixed with (what a surprise) Blademaster (for two-handed attacks). And about the sword, you should make it sleek and refined, kind of like Orcrist from The Hobbit: http://images.knifecenter.com/thumb/1500x1500/knifecenter/united/images/UC2928.jpg But with some flames weaved into the design, it is the Flamestrike sword after all.

Level 25
Anasterian Sunstrider, huh. No-one ever thought to make a model of him, including me. So please do finish it. ^^

Good start, though I don't like the Priest texture for a face, it's just too cartoonish. A crown is definitely needed, and golden + blue would very much look regal on him. He needs more slender proportions and animations though. I suggest Warden animations mixed with (what a surprise) Blademaster (for two-handed attacks). And about the sword, you should make it sleek and refined, kind of like Orcrist from The Hobbit: http://images.knifecenter.com/thumb/1500x1500/knifecenter/united/images/UC2928.jpg But with some flames weaved into the design, it is the Flamestrike sword after all.

Thanks! I will finish it of course, It's for my first ever campaign which reached the 2nd chapter. I think I'm not changing it, It's more High Elven and less angry. Those animations, I'll think about it but the warden animations are already use for the Lor'themar model. And Blademaster? Maybe? I'll try. And the sword? Flames, Great! I will do it.

Level 24
hmm, looks okay, yet, those clothes does not really fit with the shoulderpads, so I think an armor or chainmails may look better, and I also agree with the crown like Go'el said.

And how about replacing that lion round thing into a symbol of the High Elves, kinda like that bird insignia in the middle part
th

or somewhat like this I made, the round object thrower thingy,

T40lI8O.jpg

using the Doodads 0 texture of the Lordaeron Banner doodad.

Level 25
I don't want to ask more than what you can do, but IMO using existing faces is so cliché and overdone.

:)

mmh, not much to say except it looks like an arthas with priest clothes on. i'd like to see further progress though.

Well, I'm keeping it simple to fit the others in my campaign, but will do more changes based on the suggestions.

It's good so far, but you could change the cape for the Blood mage's one, and replace the Lion symbol for something different, maybe a Phoenix? Also, NhazUl's idea about the sword is awesome!

Right, it is awesome. And the symbol, I will be replacing it with phoenix, just wait till I show the result ;) And the cape, I don't think I'll change it-for now.

hmm, looks okay, yet, those clothes does not really fit with the shoulderpads, so I think an armor or chainmails may look better, and I also agree with the crown like Go'el said.

And how about replacing that lion round thing into a symbol of the High Elves, kinda like that bird insignia in the middle part
th

or somewhat like this I made, the round object thrower thingy,

T40lI8O.jpg

using the Doodads 0 texture of the Lordaeron Banner doodad.

Thanks! I'll put chainmail in some parts, and the crown, I really need some inspiration and textures. And about the lion thing, I will change it to a phoenix, But if it failed, I'll try. But, how did you do that scratch made model?

Level 24
Thanks! I'll put chainmail in some parts, and the crown, I really need some inspiration and textures. And about the lion thing, I will change it to a phoenix, But if it failed, I'll try. But, how did you do that scratch made model?

you can do this by getting a geoset of another model, then use Mdlvis, it has vertices or vertex tools that enables you to merge or create triangle for the vertices, then re-wrap or re-texture these vertices,

7FlB71n.jpg

note: When you click the Create Triangle button(Red), you might see that nothing shows up, this might need a Texture Material that has "Two Sided" option, but using this will show shadows that will be seen from the opposite sides of where you created the triangle. Or rotate one of the vertices you want to merge as triangles, not all of them, just one, if you got the angle correct, it will show up.

Confusing eh, ^_^''

Level 25
you can do this by getting a geoset of another model, then use Mdlvis, it has vertices or vertex tools that enables you to merge or create triangle for the vertices, then re-wrap or re-texture these vertices,

7FlB71n.jpg

note: When you click the Create Triangle button(Red), you might see that nothing shows up, this might need a Texture Material that has "Two Sided" option, but using this will show shadows that will be seen from the opposite sides of where you created the triangle. Or rotate one of the vertices you want to merge as triangles, not all of them, just one, if you got the angle correct, it will show up.

Confusing eh, ^_^''

I'll try! Good luck on your model though.

Status
Not open for further replies.