• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Amber Garden

Adventure and treasure await those who enter the forbidden gardens of Amber. First comes, first served!

This is a normal melee map, made for 2vs2 or FFA. (not a blizzard map like some people seem to think) I made this about a year ago.

Map has taverns (TFT-needed) and Goblin Merchants. The map is so made that it takes a while for players to meet eachother, so creeping is the best way to go here. There are however shortcuts that can be made throught the trees.
In the middle there's a fountain of health, but its gaurded by a red dragon, so going there will be quite hard.

I hope you all enjoy a melee match in this map :)

ambergarden.jpg

ambergarden2.jpg

ambergarden3.jpg

Keywords:
Melee, Warcraft 3, Normal game, Map, Orc, Human, Undead, Night elf
Contents

Amber Garden (Map)

Reviews
14:05, 16th Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Approved Broken Rules: / Comment
Level 10
Hahaha, well it isn't stolen and it isn't a blizzard map. I made this map myself some years ago and just uploaded it for the fun of it. I am the author (drol) and I'm active on "thehelper forum" as that name. (link to my profile there: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/member.php?u=27882)

Im sorry for the short description, but what can I type when its just a plain melee map?

PS
I find it quite offensive to instantly think I stole a map just because an account name is different.

Level 3
Man its like Melee Maps bring out the worse in people around here....

hurr durr I need a 100 page description for a map with no imports , no triggers, and no special events that takes less than 30 seconds to view and play.

Level 10
I don't trust you still. Also, you typed Blizzard Entertainment for fun? I don't believe you because I think that would be pointless and unfunny to do. And you forgot to 'fix' it?

Edit: I checked the map and everything seems too perfect, and it also seems Blizzardy. Most good mellee maps have a good description,

So 'drol'. I would like more evidence please.
How do you want me to prove such a thing? I don't really care you're so frustrated over this. I did make the map, if you think its a blizzard map, just scroll to your default maps and notice it isnt there.

And thanks for saying its perfect ;)

Now please; I would like constructive feedback on the map, any suggestions?

Level 10
I've gave a bigger description, but its hard to say anything that isnt shortlisted yet in the standard map information. Melee maps just aren't so descriptive as custom ones I guess :p

I know it isn't in my default maps, I just want a teensy bit more proof and we will forget this ever happened and i'll give you an apology. I'm, still suspicious about how it said 'created by Blizzard Entertainment'.

I think I did it at that time because I wanted to try and create a blizzard like melee map, so adding them as author made it more blizzard-like. It gives a blueish icon when you scroll through the maplist.

Level 15
PS
I find it quite offensive to instantly think I stole a map just because an account name is different.

Same :) But you just need to get over it, not get offended, and just post evidence to prove you are that person. I think I ought to do something like this to stir some trouble and see how fast I get comments like: 'uploader name is not author name = rejected". Bleh.

It gives a blueish icon when you scroll through the maplist.

OMFG. So having the author name as Blizzard Entertainment gave that thing? OMG. <3

Moderation

Amber Garden
Created by drol ; Uploaded by: yuvixadun

Awesome, improve your skills a little and you will create blizzard like maps!
I have few suggestions:
Add more doodads to map center, look empty this way!
Fix trees, must stay next to each other! (Remove empty space between them)

Map status: Approved

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/