• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Melee] Amazonia II [Beta]

How will you rate this map?

• Good

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Power107 proudly presents: Amazonia II--the sequel of the classical legendary melee map.

->This map uses its predecessor as a base which allows it to look a lot more better than the original map.

full
  • Two players; four goldmines...But one final result: Victory or Defeat! HEY, THAT WAS ALSO A FEATURE OF THE CLASSIC AMAZONIA! Read the rest of the bullet points to discover more.
  • Fountains of Health and Mana are added to the middle part--near the tavern--to make the game more fast paced as it will allow the players to increase the level of their heroes more swiftly. And players can now make more choices than they used to make in the classic map.

• Two market places have been added to give the players more choices than they previously had. There are two of them to keep the map symmetrical and are very far from each other.
  • Amazonia II looks a lot more beautiful than the original map...A lot more beautiful...Look at the screenshots below to know the truth! Additionally the strongest camp now rewards more items than before; this motivates the players to make more choices than they used to make in the prequel. Further to this--do you remember the secret Zergling? If yes then good news because I have Reforged the Easter egg. If not then good news because I have added new Easter eggs which I find more cooler. :thumbs_up:

full

Welcome to the dark side of the Amazon Rainforest...Beware!
Strange creatures may lie deep in the horrific dark waters...

full

full

full

full

full

SPECIAL THANKS: Nery (<email removed>) for the original map.

Attachments

• (2)Amazonia II - BETA.w3x
    120.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 23
The changes you made are pretty meagre and imbalance the map (4 fountains in the center?).

If possible, it is always better to try to make your own stuff instead of editing the work of other people. If you look at the substandard section in hiveworkshop's maps area, a huge number of them are edits of other maps. Even though it is a lot harder starting something from scratch, there are many good melee map creators on hive who would probably be able to give feedback to original melee maps.

Level 9
Thanks...But please inform me why you think that they imbalance the map? For example, is it giving advantage to a specific race? etc etc

Level 9
DEVELOPER UPDATE:
If things don't go positively then I will make it altered melee where I have some more freedom. Also...I have seen altered melee maps who use other maps as base and then they get approved.

Level 23
Imbalanced in that you have 4 fountains in the middle of the map that are not guarded by creeps.
Mana fountains are normally only found in huge 6v6 maps, if ever. It gives huge favour to units that can spam summons, like Archmage and Beastmaster, and other caster units.
Hp fountains are rarely found so close to the enemy base, since it gives high hit point units like orcs a huge advantage.

Markets have no creep camps protecting them either, and the strongest camps don't need additional items since the potential aura drop from them is already really good.

(Those are just my opinions, I could be wrong).

I don't see how altered melee will give you more freedom. The biggest issue with "your map" is you are using another person's map --- this was what limited your freedom in the first place.

Anyway, good luck with your project.

Level 9
UPDATE:
The project is cancelled...The main idea is not good(as tulee said)thus I won't release a map based on that idea.
As tulee recommended: Next time the work will be 100% my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.