1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Melee] Amazonia II [Beta]

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Power107, Aug 14, 2019 at 8:42 PM.

?

How will you rate this map?

Poll closed Thursday at 4:18 PM.
  1. Good

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Bad

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:

Power107 proudly presents: Amazonia II--the sequel of the classical legendary melee map.

->This map uses its predecessor as a base which allows it to look a lot more better than the original map.

[​IMG]
    • Two players; four goldmines...But one final result: Victory or Defeat! HEY, THAT WAS ALSO A FEATURE OF THE CLASSIC AMAZONIA! Read the rest of the bullet points to discover more.
    • Fountains of Health and Mana are added to the middle part--near the tavern--to make the game more fast paced as it will allow the players to increase the level of their heroes more swiftly. And players can now make more choices than they used to make in the classic map.

• Two market places have been added to give the players more choices than they previously had. There are two of them to keep the map symmetrical and are very far from each other.
    • Amazonia II looks a lot more beautiful than the original map...A lot more beautiful...Look at the screenshots below to know the truth! Additionally the strongest camp now rewards more items than before; this motivates the players to make more choices than they used to make in the prequel. Further to this--do you remember the secret Zergling? If yes then good news because I have Reforged the Easter egg. If not then good news because I have added new Easter eggs which I find more cooler. :thumbs_up:

[​IMG]

Welcome to the dark side of the Amazon Rainforest...Beware!
    Strange creatures may lie deep in the horrific dark waters...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SPECIAL THANKS: Nery (deadnery@gmail.com) for the original map.

Attached Files:

2. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The changes you made are pretty meagre and imbalance the map (4 fountains in the center?).

If possible, it is always better to try to make your own stuff instead of editing the work of other people. If you look at the substandard section in hiveworkshop's maps area, a huge number of them are edits of other maps. Even though it is a lot harder starting something from scratch, there are many good melee map creators on hive who would probably be able to give feedback to original melee maps.

3. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks...But please inform me why you think that they imbalance the map? For example, is it giving advantage to a specific race? etc etc

4. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    DEVELOPER UPDATE:
    If things don't go positively then I will make it altered melee where I have some more freedom. Also...I have seen altered melee maps who use other maps as base and then they get approved.

5. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Imbalanced in that you have 4 fountains in the middle of the map that are not guarded by creeps.
    Mana fountains are normally only found in huge 6v6 maps, if ever. It gives huge favour to units that can spam summons, like Archmage and Beastmaster, and other caster units.
    Hp fountains are rarely found so close to the enemy base, since it gives high hit point units like orcs a huge advantage.

Markets have no creep camps protecting them either, and the strongest camps don't need additional items since the potential aura drop from them is already really good.

(Those are just my opinions, I could be wrong).

I don't see how altered melee will give you more freedom. The biggest issue with "your map" is you are using another person's map --- this was what limited your freedom in the first place.

Anyway, good luck with your project.

6. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    It's just a melee map.

7. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    UPDATE:
    The project is cancelled...The main idea is not good(as tulee said)thus I won't release a map based on that idea.
    As tulee recommended: Next time the work will be 100% my own.