• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alterac Valley Battleground V3.89

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Alterac Valley Battleground V3.89

Hi all ,

This map comes from a battleground of WoW.
I worked a time on it.

Caracters models by Tranquil,Frostwolf and Pyrithie.

Online Version !
Somes bugs fixed .

The History:

Alterac Valley is a battleground in the continuing war between the Horde
and the Alliance. Long ago, before the First War, the warlock
Gul'dan exiled a clan of orcs called the Frostwolf Clan (led by Durotan, father of Thrall) to a hidden valley deep in the heart of the Alterac Mountains for refusing to drink the blood of Mannoroth. It is here in the valley's southern reaches that the Frostwolves eked out a living until the rise of Thrall's new Horde.
After Thrall's triumphant uniting of the clans, the Frostwolves, now led by the Orc ShamanDrek'Thar,choseto remain in the valley they had for so long called their home. Inrecenttimes, however, the relative peace of theFrostwolves has been challengedby the arrival of the Dwarven
Stormpike Expedition.

TheStormpike Expedition have set up residence inthe valley to search fornatural resources and ancient titan relics. Itis likelythat they didnot know of the Frostwolf orcs' connection to theareawhen choosing tovisit the valley. Despite their intentions,thedwarven presence hassparked heated conflict with the Frostwolf orcstothe south, who have vowed to drive the interlopers from theirlands.The Stormpike dwarvessent in an initial expedition, the Stormpike Guard,tosearchfor ancient relics of their past and mine for natural resources and wereattacked (they felt) without provocation by theterritorial Frostwolves.Actually , The two opposing sides are the Frostwolf Clan (led by General Drek'Thar) and the Stormpike Guard (also known as the Stormpike Expedition, led by General Vanndar Stormpike), both of whom lay claim to this secluded territory.

Alliance viewpoints:

Vanndar Stormpikehasbeengiven orders from Ironforge against making peace with theorcs,andappears to agree with the orders. He dismisses the orcsas"savages trying to halt Ironforge's sovereignimperialistic imperative". He wants to slaughter all orcs includingDrek'Thar,believing that when the General falls, the land will finallyturn overto its rightful owner,"Ironforge"

Horde viewpoints:
Drek'thar seesthe valley as Frostwolf territory and that the Stormpike Expeditionhasno right to take their land away. He has no intention of making peacewith the Stormpike, instead wishing to execute them all tothelast man(Vanndar himself) following the Rules of military conduct.He believesthat the Stormpike have copied the Frostwolves defense plans and exactlyhow the Frostwolves own forces are set up, althoughVanndar would claimotherwise (this is likely a reference to thegameplaybalancing of thebattleground). Drek'thar wants players to askVanndarto surrender(likely knowing that he would refuse), and orders his forces execute himwhatever the response.

Battleground overview and Gameplay: There can be upto 12 players on each team in this battleground,two players controlled by the computer .

Primary Objectives
The goal of Alterac Valley is to reduce the opposingfaction's reinforcementcount to 0. Each team starts with 200reinforcements.There are a number of ways to reduce reinforcements,named below, but killing the enemy General give an instantly Victory .

Secondary Objectives
-The enemy towers can be burned. This awards yourteam bonus honor, and reduces the enemy reinforcements by 30 pertower.There are three towers per side, for a total of 180 reinforcements.
-Killing enemy players. This will reduce enemy reinforcement by one per player killed.(No computer's players included )

*The primary bases are Dun Baldar for the Alliance and Frostwolf Village/Fort for the Horde. *

Each player control 4 heros (New models) :

_Warrior=> The Warrior can takes many damagewithout dying, he has powerfultechniques if we know them. A high levelhe's essential.
_ Rogue => Very powerful character! He has various techniques, as Windwalker and Shadow Strike wich are very useful.
_ Hunter => A character who assists the group, he may summon a bear that is actively involved in fight.
_ Wizard / Shaman => The spell caster of the group, he is both a good "dps" that good "heal".

In the map , there are two stores. On each side .
Every store selling the same items. Only there is one for the alliance and one for the horde.

Battle Quest:
Ultimate Unit: Each team has a "boss." When the player (The Leader of the Team) has 3100 "gold" he may summon the boss.
He must write: -summonboss

Players Organisation:
Alliance :

Computer (Player1)
Player 2 (The Leader of the Alliance)
Player 3
Player 4
Player 5
Player 6

Horde :

Player 7 (The Leader of The Horde)
Player 8
Player 9
Player 10
Player 11
Computer (Player12)

At the begining , each player start with 760 gold .
Skills :

In progress ....

SCREENSHOT :

Alliance Team
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/395/warcraft3.png

Horde Team :
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6900/warcrafthordeteam.png

View1 :
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1675/warcrafthordeview.png

View2 :
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4599/warcrafthordeboss.png

View3 (overview) :
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4277/warcraft1fullmap.png

Keywords:
wow , battleground , pvp , dota , hero defense
Contents

Alterac Valley Battleground V3.89 (Map)

Reviews
10:14, 22nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Bad terrain, poorly made heroes and spells, not much originality, no log, Rejected. Use our Map Development forum for further development of your map, this is nowhere near approval.

M

10:14, 22nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Bad terrain, poorly made heroes and spells, not much originality, no log, Rejected.

Use our Map Development forum for further development of your map, this is nowhere near approval.

Level 30
Wow, I just played the map and ive got to say, it has a lot of potential :)

I liked the fact you could control multiple heroes at once. It really made me feel more involved in the battle. When battling the opposition, it really felt like I needed more skill than usual to really appreciate the array of skills provided by my group of heroes.

Please be aware that the following is meant as constructive criticism :)

On the downside, the gameplay did become quite repetative after a while. As far as I was aware, the only thing to do was to kill the enemy heroes, and finally their base.

Firstly, my suggestion would be to add various events around the map to make the game less repetative. One possibility would be to create some bosses that randomly appear throughout the map, every 5-10 minutes or so. This could give both teams extra objectives in order to gain an advantage etc. Combine this with some sort of reward and I reckon the fun-factor would double :D While the map did have a "boss" like unit at the center of the map, he was very "walk and attack" orientated.

Finally, I feel the map needs some more variation in terms of heros :) Each player gets the same 4 heroes as every other player. There should, perhaps, be 10 heroes per side and allow players to pick 4. This would definately enhance the maps replay value :)

Overall, its an incredibly good start :p It shows a lot of potential and I feel its quite unique ;) with some work, it could be one of the best maps on battle.net :D so thats a 3/5 from me, for now anyways ;)